O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
• SAT provides tailored COTS solutions and subject matter expertise in providing
networked solutions for Satellite payload operations and Terrestrial RFI systems to
both commercial and government agencies world wide.
• Market Leader in RF Spectrum Monitoring for over 28 years, now add Geolocation
• Our competitors combined are half the size of SAT
• Largest customer base in all regions of the world. >26 Commercial Satellite Operators
world wide in 57 countries.
• System complexity ranges from simple single 7x24 POC with regional measurement
sites to multiple 7x24 POC and world wide measurement sites
• SAT pioneered co channel interference detection, always across the full bandwidth of
any satellite carrier. SAT was the first to market high performance, wide bandwidth
digital solutions for detection, characterization of interference
• Acquired satID from QinetiQ to form the best in class Detect and Locate
Different path lengths
give Differential Time
Actually calculates error
ellipse directly from
Interference Detection, Location and Resolution
Changing the way We view Operations
• Situational Awareness
• Map, Satellite, Beam, Measurement Site
• Graphical map driven views is the future of payload
Resolution - CID MKIII Terminology
• The carrier ID specification, “DVB Document A164”, describes a
framing structure, channel coding and modulation type for a
• Host Carrier - This is the carrier that has its identification
information transported by the CID carrier
• The CID carrier is transmitted along with the host carrier.
• The CID carrier is between 17 to 27dB below the host carrier
(depending on bandwidth).
• The frequency of the CID carrier is either +220Hz (no spectral
inversion) or -220Hz (spectral inversion) from the host carrier
• The CID modulation type is BPSK
• The symbol rate is 224Ksymbols per second (reducing to
112Ksymbols per second for host carriers < 512Ksymbols per
• Framing Structure
• Each frame is repeated 4 times
• Each frame contains the CID, as well as other information
• SAT is only interested in extracting the CID, the other
information can be made available upon request.
• One frame takes 4.5 seconds to transmit
CID MKIII Basics
• CID receiver
• Has to determine center frequency of CID carrier reference to
the Host carrier, so in other words we need to be able to
measure the host carrier center frequency very accurately.
• Looks for one of two unique word energy either at
CF+220Hz or at CF-220Hz
• The frame chip rate provides 36dB of processing gain to
extract the CID, which is OK when measuring CID against host.
When CID is -27.5dB (carrier less than 2MSymbols), gives
+8.5dB of SNR of signal which is sufficient for demodulation.
• CID Receiver needs
• Measure host carrier CF, even if it is an interferer (requires
Carrier under Carrier technology)
• Capture at least 9 seconds of data at the two potential CID
• Detect presence of CID carrier and extract the CID word
CID MKIII Receiver
• CID receiver
• Any receiver will take a minimum (perfect world)
4.5seconds to decode the CID, more likely 20seconds to
complete process after CID measurement is activated
• Software receiver using existing SAT-DSP 5000 hardware
with hardware decimation option installed.
• Gives CID extraction in 20 seconds typical
• Can be used to extract CID of interfering carrier when
CID is -30dB/RBW referenced to the wanted carrier
peak spectral density.
• If interfering host carrier is 2MHz in BW and its peak
sepctral density is 6dB below the wanted carrier the
CID will be -30dB reference to the wanted carrier. CID
extraction will work.
CID Measurement Modes
• CID receiver
• Software receiver provided only as a manual request measurement, for line up interfering carrier CID
• Uses existing DSP hardware DG5010
• Export function for CID
• Tested with multiple manufacturers’ modems
• Automated CID measurements for known carriers across satellite bandwidth, using existing or