O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
What is OPC?
• Tivoli Operations Planning and Control, version 2 Release 3
• Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Version 7 Release 0 (TWS).
Usage of OPC
• A customer can fill out an order form on their Web browser
that will trigger a UNIX job that acknowledges the order, an
AS/400 job that orders parts, an OS/390 job that debits the
customer’s bank account, and a Windows NT job that prints a
document and address labels.
• End-to-End Scheduling with OPC and TWS Mainframe and
• The solution is to use OPC and TWS working together across
the enterprise. The Job Scheduling Console provides a
centralized control point with a single interface to the
workload regardless of whether that workload is running
under OPC or TWS.
• OPC consists of a Controller and one or more
trackers. The Controller runs on an OS/390 system.
The Controller manages the OPC databases and
the long term and current plans.
• The Controller schedules work and causes jobs to
be submitted to the appropriate system at the
• Trackers are installed on every system managed by
the Controller. The tracker is the link between the
Controller and the managed system. The tracker
submits jobs when the Controller instructs it to do
so, and it passes job start and job end information
back to the Controller.
• Trackers are available for OS/390, OS/400, AIX/6000,
OS/2, Sun Solaris, SunOS, Digital OpenVMS, Windows NT,
SGI IRIX, HP-UX,and OS/390 USS. It is possible to
schedule and track jobs on applications, such as SAP R/3.
• The main method of accessing the Controller is via ISPF
panels, but several other methods are available including
Program Interfaces, TSO commands, and a GUI interface
• TWS consists of a Master Domain Manager that
contains the centralized database files used to
document scheduling objects. It creates the
production plan at the start of each day and
performs all logging and reporting for the
• All communications to agents are routed through
the Domain Manager, which is the management
hub in a domain.
• The network can be managed by a mix of agents. Fault-
tolerant agents are capable of resolving local
dependencies and launching their jobs should a network
interruption cause a loss of communication with their
Domain Managers because each one is given a set of
scheduling instructions at the beginning of every
• Version 7.0 introduced a new Java GUI, the Job
Scheduling Console (JSC).
• The JSC provides a common interface to both TWS and