O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Quilb e Abbas
0336 449 3801
• To acquaint participants on leadership and its importance in success
in life. „
• Enable the participants to understand the difference between Leader
• To learn different types of leadership styles.
• The behaviour of making other persons to follow for a common goal
is called a Leadership.
• It is the art of influencing others to direct their will, abilities and
efforts to the achievement of goals.
“Leadership is the ability to persuade others to seek defined objectives
enthusiastically. It is the human factor which binds a group to gather
and motivates it towards goals”
3. Characteristics of Leadership
• 1. Leadership is basically a personal quality. This Quality motivates the
individuals to be with leaders.
• 2. Leader, by exercising his leadership, tries to influence the behaviour
of individuals around him to fulfil certain pre-determined objectives.
• 3. Leader tries to influence the individual to behave in a particular
• 4. There is a relationship between leader and individuals (followers)
which arises out of functioning for a common goal.
• 5. Leadership is a continuous process of influencing behaviour.
• 6. Leadership is exercised in a particular situation. The situation
variables also affect the effectiveness of leadership.
• 7. Along with situation leadership is affected by a given point of time
under a specific set of circumstances. Thus leadership style will be
different under different circumstances.
7. Kinds of Leadership Styles
• Autocratic or Authoritarian Leadership.
• Democratic or Participative Leadership.
• Free-Rein or Laissez Fair Leadership.
• Functional Leadership.
• Institutional Leader.
• Paternalistic Leader.
• Charismatic Leader .
8. Qualities of a Successful Leader
• 1. Physical Energy and Stamina
• 2. Intelligence
• 3. Vision and Foresight
• 4. Initiative
• 5. Self-confidence
• 6. Open mindedness (or) Flexibility
• 7. Sense of Responsibility
• 8. Human Relations
• 9. Cooperation