Lincy K Thomas
Soni P Soman
CHANGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The definition has three
the set of tools,
processes, skills and
for managing the
people side of change
to achieve the required
outcomes of the project
• Prosci's definition of change management is shown
• Definition: Change management is the application
of the set of tools, processes, skills and principles
for managing the people side of change to achieve
the required outcomes of a change project or
• It is a holistic and structured approach for enabling
and supporting individual change. It requires tools,
processes, skills and principles to be effective. In the
end, the degree to which the people side of change
is effectively managed determines the value a
project or initiative delivers to the organization.
There are four key features of change
• Change is the result of dissatisfaction with present
• It is essential to develop a vision for a better
• Management have to develop strategies
to implement change
• There will be resistance to change
Change Management Strategy elements:
Situational awareness - understand the change and
who is impacted
• ie, Change characteristics, Organizational
attributes ,Impacted groups -
Supporting structures - team and sponsor
Strategy analysis - risks, resistance and special
• Formulating the change management strategy is
the first critical step in implementing a change
• The strategy provides direction and results
in informed decision making throughout the
• A well-formulated strategy really brings the project
or change to life, describing who and how it will
impact the organization.
strategies for managing your change
1.Decide on your change goal 2.Consider Timings
• Think about the best time to
• Start with the end in mind. instigate change.. For example,
What do you want to achieve? improvements in work practices
How will you know if it has may be more acceptable in times
been achieved? Who is affected of recession when people are
and how will they react? How concerned about keeping their
much can you do yourself and jobs.
how much help do you need?
• You need to have a clear vision -
people like to either see/hear
or feel the change.
3.Be aware of Culture 4.Create visible short term wins
• Most change initiatives fail • Help people to see the benefits
because of a lack of recognition of change in the short term. For
of the importance of culture. It example, if you are changing
is difficult to define, but if how you interact with
change is to work, you need to customers, publicise some of the
be aware of "the way we do positive feedback from them to
things around here". encourage staff to continue with
the new ways of working.
• Recognise that effective
communication may be the
single most important factor in
overcoming resistance to
change. Communicate your
vision and strategic intent
clearly. Be honest and
encourage two way discussion.
Strategies for Managing Change –in a
• 1. Hold Management Visioning and Planning
• 2. Agree a clear vision of what change will achieve
• 3. Assemble a change management team
• 4. Engage and involve all employees through workshops
and other communication methods
• 5. Amend vision and plan based on discussions with
• 6. Communicate with imagination
• 7. Manage change project
• 8. Stay committed until change is established (refrozen)
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.