• Only 30% of employees surveyed by
Gallup strongly agree that their manager
involves them in goal setting.
• This 30% are 3.6xmore likely to be
engaged in their work and development
than those with less-involved managers.
• Set specific goals mutually – both
professional and personal.
• Goal setting cannot be done without
input from both sides.
Why do it?
• Opening up the discussion makes employees
feel more valued and their opinions more
• Multiple angles help to ensure goals are
realistic and attainable.
• Managers forget it’s a real person on the
other side of the desk.
• By focusing too heavily on the process,
managers can forget about the outcome.
• Nothing during annual performance
review should be a surprise. It should be
about delivering honest, constructive
• Most staff find ‘standard’ tick box
performance reviews very
• Some companies track poor
performance in order to build an
‘airtight case’ to support an
• During your performance conversation,
you should take the time to discuss any
shortcomings, weaker skills, or areas
where you and the employee think
they could improve.
• Suggest training courses and
opportunities to address skill gaps.
Why do it?
• Reassures employees of the commitment to
• This not only motivates the employees, but
helps in building a formidable team.
• While reflecting, keep in mind the past year
and the year to come.
• A great employee evaluation survey is one which
enables managers to provide actionable
• Continuous feedback is pivotal for professional
growth and the most useful feedback is derived
from asking the most relevant questions.
• Asking questions goes both ways, however:
During the review it’s imperative that the
employee is given full scope to ask their own
questions and voice their own concerns.
• Book a long slot in a private meeting room so
that doesn’t cramp critical conversations.
Why do it?
Feedback is only as good as the questions that
generate it. As an employer, your surveys must:
• Get the most valuable information from
• Promote actionable discussions
• Address all relevant personal and
• Well-executed performance review brings
numerous benefits to both the company
and the employee.
• Well-handled reviews show employees the
company cares about their development.
• All of this offers strong motivation and a
morale boost for employees, which means
better productivity for the business.
Did You Know?
Roughly 50% of employees say their
leader rarely or never takes an active role in
helping them to grow and develop.
It’s not a coincidence that in America,
the proportion of workers leaving their jobs
voluntarily is at a 17-year high.
Read the full blog, then share your thoughts! How To Improve Your Performance Reviews: Part II
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.