O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
In her SocialMedia.org Member Meeting case study presentation, A+E Television Networks’ Senior Director of Social Media and Fan Engagement, Morgan Greco, discusses how made social media a vital and successful part of the Critics’ Choice Awards.
Morgan goes into detail about the initiative, talking about getting the critics involved as social ambassadors, creating a social centerpiece at the event, and more.
• Twitter mirror
• Social team on carpet
• Carpet & show
• Custom content
• Fan response
• Real-time clip distro
Social Engagement Tactics
‣ iPad Minis on 40 celebrity tables pre-loaded with specialized Twitter
‣ Designed to get celebrities and critics interacting live with the audience
at home over social media
• Treated the critics as
ambassadors – trained them
how to use the Social
scheduled phone calls and
• Worked with Strahan to train
him on Social Centerpiece™
Social Centerpiece™ Training
• Facebook, Twitter,
• Twitter amplification
of best performing
Maker Studios Live Viewing Party
‣ To complement the broadcast, during commercial breaks the stream cut to a
Live Viewing Party at Maker Studios.
‣ The party featured Maker Talent who provided fashion and film commentary,
comedy sketches and drove continuous conversation across social.
‣ Convergent sweepstakes (linear & digital) with two in-show on-air calls
to action directing fans to tweet #CCAsweeps for a chance to win instant
prizing from Pizza Hut.
Did It Work?
5.4MM Total Impressions
296,686 Total Engagements
5.40% Total Engagement Rate
Includes Paid + Organic
• Won Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings week 1.12, beating out competition from top social shows such as The
• Generated widespread earned media coverage with press picking up on the Social Centerpiece™ activation
• Highest rated cable ratings performance ever for the show
Critics’ Choice TV Awards – May 31st
‣ PUSH OUT MORE CONTENT!
‣ Fans wanted and demanded more from us
‣ Train critics more efficiently
‣ YouTube training – visual representation of what we are doing
‣ War Room – not organized enough
‣ Give specific roles & flow chart of responsibilities for all
‣ Give fans a voice in the process: Fan art red carpet, Bingeworthy Award, Tweet a Drink
Learn more about past and
upcoming Member Meetings
Member Meeting 35
Learn more about Member Meetings