6. The Official Impact Nations are redefining how they do business and spending an ever-growing amount of money on security-related mitigation. But is it working? To date, it only seems as though the problem is getting worse and Cyber adversaries have a cost advantage that puts defenders at a permanent disadvantage. Copyright 2010 Semantech Inc., All Rights Reserved
13. Security is Symbiotic Cyber Security as a concept represents a radical departure from the previous view of IT-related security. In the past, security was often viewed as a separate discipline or as an afterthought. Cyber Security acknowledges that IT security must be symbiotic from now on… Copyright 2010 Semantech Inc., All Rights Reserved
22. Confidentiality - Confidential information must only be accessed, used, copied, or disclosed by users who have been authorized, Integrity - Integrity means data can not be created, changed, or deleted without proper authorization. Authenticity - Authenticity is necessary to ensure that the users or objects (like documents) are genuine (they have not been forged or fabricated). Availability - Availability means that the information, the computing systems used to process the information, and the security controls used to protect the information are all available and functioning correctly when the information is needed. Non-Repudiation - When one party of a transaction cannot deny having received a transaction nor can the other party deny having sent a transaction. Network and System Security capabilities when viewed together map to the core tenants of Information Assurance: Information Assurance Defined Copyright 2010 Semantech Inc., All Rights Reserved
36. We must redefine how we manage complexity … Cyber Semantics Copyright 2010 Semantech Inc., All Rights Reserved
38. CCS Practice Contact Information CCS Integration Partners… For more information, visit http://www.cyber-ccs.com or contact: Stephen Lahanas [email_address] Copyright 2010 Semantech Inc., All Rights Reserved
Notas do Editor
This presentation is the first in a series of Slidecasts on Cyber Security. The goal of these briefings is to help raise awareness to the need for more comprehensive and proactive solutions.
* Note – Federation in the context of “Coordination thru Federation” refers to the ability of organizations in separate chains of command to work with one another in a federated manner to coordinate on cyber security mitigation.