O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
A Scribd passará a dirigir o SlideShare em 24 de setembro de 2020.A partir desta data, a Scribd passará a gerenciar sua conta do SlideShare e qualquer conteúdo que você possa ter na plataforma. Além disso, serão aplicados os Termos gerais de uso e a Política de Privacidade da Scribd. Se prefira sair da plataforma, por favor, encerre sua conta do SlideShare. Saiba mais.
Including links in an SMS campaign is a great way to extend the campaign into the mobile browser. This is a quick guide with tips on how to get people to click through, how best to show & layout content on a mobile page and how to measure a successful campaign.
1. Keep it nice and short» Keep the message nice and short » You have 160 characters but including a link allows you to show more than the SMS» Have a clear call to action in the message » For example “Click to claim a 15% coupon”» Encourage people to click through by telling them it’s mobile ready » For example “Click to claim a 15% coupon on our mobile site”
2. Use www. Instead of http://» Phones are clever to detect a link in a text and make it clickable but what’s the best format to use? » Our studies have found people prefer links with www. instead of ones beginning with http:// » For example use www.abc.com instead of http://abc.com in the message for better results
3. Trustworthy» For any marketing campaign to work the consumer must trust the SMS and the contents » Make sure the Sender ID is set » Be professional - don’t use text language in your message » Try avoid using URL shortners » Services like bit.ly are great and will save you some characters but most people don’t associate the link with your brand and might be put-off on clicking through » If your goal is to encourage people to visit your store try using one of our links like www.directions.to or www.myclose.st
4. Accommodate all mobile devices Windows Other 3% 0%3%» Not everyone in the U.K. has a smartphone but they are the majority Android 30% Apple iOS » December 2012 Ofcom stated 58% of all 45% U.K. phones are smartphone » The same report stated 23.1% of U.K. smartphone users used their device to BlackBerry visit retail websites 19% Source: statcounter Feb 2013» A lot of feature phones can connect to the internet so make sure they can view your mobile page
5. Mobile ready landing page» It might sound obvious but when the link in the SMS is clicked the site must be optimised for mobile » It should work on smart and feature phones » It should be quick to load » Organise the page into sections like ‘Opening Hours’, ‘Coupons’, ‘Gallery’ or ‘Video’ » It should have big clear call to action buttons like ‘Claim’, ‘Call’ or ‘Directions’» Don’t overload the page with information – like the text message be precise
6. Personalise the mobile page» If you have personal information for the customer for example their first name you should include this in the SMS and in the mobile page» On clicking the link smartphones are able to determine the location of the person so you can do clever things like: » Have a store locator feature which dynamically finds the nearest and updates the page with the stores details » You could provide directions or updates from local transport
7. Reporting and Analytics» Sending marketing SMS with links is pointless unless you can measure how well the campaign is doing» You should measure » Click rate & returning visits » Activity while on the mobile page » Share rate i.e. sending to people or social networks » The location of person when they clicked » Breakdown of customer phone type
Thanks for reading.Any questions please drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org