1. SHIVA SHANKAR SAMUDRALA Phone : (91) 99 4991 0694
D.No.9-14, Near Clock Tower, Email ID: email@example.com
Macherla, Guntur Dist-522 426,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
OBJECTIVE: A highly motivated individual looking to join a progressive organization that has the need
of Financial Professional and provide opportunities to contribute the best efficiency for advancement.
• Pursuing Certified Management Accountant (CMA-US) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
• Master of Business Administration in Finance and Marketing from Suprabath Institute for
Management and Computer Studies, Osmania University, Hyderabad (June 2008-August 2010).
• Bachelor of Commerce from A.S.N. Degree College, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Tenali (2008)
• Intermediate from Krishnaveni Junior College, Board of Intermediate Education, Macherla (2005)
• SSC from Zilla Parishat Boys High School, Board of Secondary Education, Macherla (2003)
Subject Matter Expert (SME)-Analyst (Nov 2010 – Present) at Cognizant Technology Solutions
Cognizant (NASDAQ:CTSH) is a leading provider of IT services. Focused on delivering strategic
information technology that address the complex business needs of its clients. Cognizant is providing
vertical industry specific BPO-BFS (Banking & Financial Services).
Client : CSAM (Credit Suisse Asset Management), U.S.A
Reporting to : Manager
Underlying Portfolio Company Analysis:
• Handling the team of 3 members, Co-ordinate with them to complete the assigned task and do the L-1
• Consolidation of funds at partnership level and Reconciling the financials (Balance Sheet, Income
Statement, and Schedule of Investment) updated by Fund Accountants. Reporting financials to
‘Financial Control’ at fund level.
• To update the Present Quarter attributes of Cost, Fair Market value, Industry, Business, Geography,
Domicile, Sector, Security type and Vintage year etc., from the financial documents provided by the
• Analyzing the Performance of a Fund and Portfolio companies during the quarter by making a
comparison with the previous quarter.
• Analysis of Investments (additional investments or new investments), realization (Sale of
investments) activities and any other important highlights relating to the fund for the quarter in
comparison to the prior Quarters.
• Arriving at the difference between two quarters and thereby providing justification by analyzing the
Financial Statements such as Cash Flow Statement, Statement of operations and Balance sheet.
• Arriving to the unrealized appreciation and depreciation for the underlying portfolios for the quarter.
Page 1 of 2
2. • Generation of Pierce down report and two pager report used in preparation of the investor reports for
• Booking entries based on the transactions identified from bank accounts of respective funds on daily
basis with adherence to US GAAP.
• Accrual entries booking for the receivables/Payables.
• Cash Reconciliations on daily basis.
• Reconciliation of Capital calls and Distributions for LP (investors) wise on quarterly basis.
• Preparing Firm Reporting, Leverage balance and firm capital balance in FRL Application as & when
• Rising requests for creation of new LP’s, new Securities, Transferors, transferees in different
Applications like Invest ran and Reference/Awards System.
• Creation of allocation rules for newly purchased investments/securities in different Applications.
• Calculation of NPV and IRR for Product Level.
Challenge: Acted as the BPD (Business Process Development) member, coordinating with onshore,
offshore accounting and IT teams for replacing with new tool in the Process.
• Certification NSDL-DP
• Accounting Package Tally7.2
• Computer Knowledge MS Word, Excel-Advance ,PowerPoint and Internet research
o Risk Management
o Skilled in establishing
and developing good
o Mergers and
o Sound knowledge on
equity, derivatives and
o Decision making and
problem solving skills
o Ability to maintain
relationships at all levels
Summers project: “Awareness of ULIPS and A study about the right Approach for the Protection and
Investment. (HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company, Somajiguda-Hyderabad) for a period of
3 months (May-July 2010) in Part of the MBA Program.
• Achieved three Opel Awards and four Wow Awards in recognition of the outstanding
performance, productivity and dedicated services.
• Received Front Line award for training the newly hired associates.
• Achieved State level 18th
rank in Intermediate Board Education.
• Secured town 2nd
in B.Com examination.
• Awarded as “Best student of the year” for the year 2008 in degree.
• Secured National level 8th
Rank in Commerce Fest Conducted by Superwizz C.A. Academy,
• Presented a paper on “Derivatives” in SIMACS.
Page 2 of 2
S. Shiva Shankar