O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
This is what a subscription to the TMI channel looks like on our club YouTube page.
To do this you have to experiment. In all experiments, what doesn’t work is just as important is what does work. Experiment with the different tools so you understand how they work. Start slowly and pick a tool to try after you get a basic understanding of what they can do. You need to become the expert in your club so you can help others. Get them excited to try social networking.
Type in “how to” in Google and you’ll get all sorts of media to help you use social networking.
Social Media for Branding - Toastmasters
Nov 5, 2016
District 57 2016
How to Build a Brand with Social Media?
(and Why You Need One)
Shyam V Nath
Social Media Chair, D57
954 609 2402
Personal branding is essentially
the ongoing process of establishing
a prescribed image or impression in
the mind of others about an
individual, group, or organization.
Often involves the application of
one's name to various [social
What is Personal Branding?
1. Start thinking of yourself as a brand
2. Audit your online presence (scan, measure)
3. Secure a personal website (social media
4. Find ways to produce value
5. Be purposeful in what you share
6. Associate with other strong brands
Forbes: Seven Things You Can Do To Build
An Awesome Personal Brand
1. Choose a Social Media / Network that will support
your brand image (e.g. Linkedin for Professional
brand, Facebook for Social brand etc.)
2. Provide valuable and shareable content to build
your clout/klout !
3. Leverage influencers (Tweet v/s Re-Tweet)
4. Use social campaigns to promote (Organic v/s
others ways to promote your message)
Multitude of “Social” Channels
• Facebook (facebook.com/groupsToastmastersInternationalMembers)
• Twitter (twitter.com/Toastmasters)
• Linkedin (linkd.inToastmastersInternationalOfficialGroup)
• Youtube (youtube.com/toastmasters)
• How to leverage these?
– Member Prospecting
– Year Round Member Engagement
– Personal/Professional Branding
– Leadership (klout)
Facebook club page – quick look
– tag them so
Social Media is your new branding
(925) 549 7135 cell
• Common Craft videos
• Social Media Marketing for Dummies
books available on Amazon
• Social Networking for Dummies blog
• The Social Media Revolution YouTube
• Toastmasters International
• Social Media Etiquette from TMI