O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Monitoring and Wastage
Why this Project?
1. Lack of proper graphical user interface.
2. We should make methods of conservation of
energy lucrative, easily accessible and cheaper.
3. Provide service and make your end-customer
addictive not simply dependent.
Overview of Project
1. Switching of Electrical Appliances, using
computer, keypad, remote control.
2. Among these three above mentioned control
methods, customer can choose any one of it.
3. Electricity consumption monitoring facility.
4. Time controlled switching of appliances.
5. Manual override system available in case of
1. Password Controlled Application.
2. PORT Portability.
3. Hardware-Software Acknowledgement.
4. Highly Interactive and User Friendly.
5. Time controlled switching of appliances
6. Cost Monitoring
7. Faster Communication between Computer and Micro-
8. Better exploitation and synchronization of
microprocessor and microcontroller.
9. Error Management
10. Manual Override.
Password Controlled Application
Our prototype comes with a feature of
password protection so that our customer
is assured that no one other than him/her
can login or can gain unauthorized control
over his/her appliances.
At the time of installment of our prototype,
customers are free to choose any USB Port
which they wish. After the “Bafo Cable” is
installed at particular USB Port then customers
are bound to use that port only.
As a measure to keep check over piracy, at the
starting of prototype a character is send to
controller board which if controller
acknowledges and sends positive signal then our
software works otherwise it closes down simply.
Highly interactive and User Friendly
In this project our main concern was developing
a prototype which is highly interactive and its
end users find it easy to operate. This task was
very well accomplished by using “C#” in
“Microsoft Visual Studio” environment. This IDE
proved very useful and we never felt that we are
not regular Computer Science student.
Time Controlled Switching System
• According to our team this feature is one
of the most attractive one.
• Just select the appliance, enter the time
of operation, hit ‘ok’ and then forget
what you did just a moment before.
• In this prototype we have attached individual
timer to each of the appliance button so that
customer can monitor the time duration for
which particular appliance was switched “ON”.
• In one of the form we take wattage rating of
each appliance and cost of each unit as input.
So as to calculate money spent on time to
• Earlier we tried to develop a part of this
prototype using GUI module of Matlab but it
didn’t proved useful.
• C# proved fruitful because unlike Matlab
which is huge software it doesn’t has to
convert various file and then establish a
Better utilization of Resources
• Micro-controller and Micro-processor works at
different processing speed.
• This difference in processing speed is wisely
handled and maximum processing load is kept
on computer(Micro-Processor) while Micro-
Controller is mainly programmed to switch
ON/OFF the appliances depending upon data
received from computer.