2. Theories on the similarities with
Thai people were originally located in
the central territory between the
Hwang-ho and Yangtze Rivers in what
is now China.
There was a Thai kingdom in the
Southern part of China.
3. The Thai people and Chinese
people were still closely
4. SIMILARITIES WITH
Thai people had migrated south
Established their kingdoms in
the Indo-China peninsula
had contact with indian culture
5. TONAL SYSTEM
• Seven tones; equidistant to
• The 4th and 7th tones are rarely
• Therefore, thai scale is used the
same as the chinese scale.
7. Reason for the names of the
• Thai musical instruments were given
names according to :
1. The sound they make –
that is - onomatopoetic names.
2. characteristic shape
3. use in ensembles