2. What is M2M?
• Machine to Machine (M2M) communication refers to communication
between the computers and embedded processors smart sensors and
mobile devices with out any human intervention.
• In simple we can say “Exchange of information and perform actions
without the manual assistance of humans.
• For this the modern Technologies like Artificial Intelligence(AI) and
Machine Learning(ML) facilitate the communication between the
systems and allowing the machines to make their own autonomous
• Building block of IOT.
4. How M2M works?
• As machines communicate using language called “Telemetry”.
• M2M system often use public networks and access methods to
perform tasks. These devices send information they collect back to
other devices on the network.
• The main components of an M2M system include like sensors, and
WIFI and cellular communications link and automatic computing
software programmed to help network device interpret the data and
• M2M technology relies on software-controlled communication
between machines and devices. Special applications translate
information into data relevant to the end user.
5. M2M System components
• Sensors (ex: RFID sensor).
• Wireless network or cellular communication link.
• Internet connected computer.
• System software for data processing.
Engineers place sensors in strategic locations, where they can record
and send data in real-time to a wireless network which is connected to
the internet. They can use specialized software to monitor the entire
process, analyzing the incoming data.
6. M2M features
• Large number of nodes or devices.
• Low cost.
• Energy efficient.
• Large quantity of collective data.
• M2M communication is free from human intervention.
• Human intervention is required for operational stability and
7. • There are some basic steps which are common for all M2M based
1. Collection of data.
2. Transmission of data through a communication network.
3. Assessment of data.
4. Response to the available information.
5. Data analysed by the end M2M application.