O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
COLLEGE OF ENGG. & TECH.
Contributor personality development
• To Identify how people
(contributors) have found
solutions to challenges they have
faced, and how they practiced
• Contributors approach the various situations in
their life and work place with the unique
• The first aspect of the contributor mindset is the
contributors willingness and capacity to find the
• When faced with a challenge, the contributors
first response is : “can we find a solution?”
• but this is not all. The contributor also find a
• Contributor develops the capacity of find
solutions through continuous practice and
learning from contributors.
• Aravind calls itself an “eye care
system” as it goes beyond the
delivery of pure eye care, to
additionally address barriers to
• Aravind adopts active rural
outreach. It holds “eye camps” in
which it registers patients,
administers eye examinations,
teaches eye care, and identifies
people who may require surgery.
HOW do you discover and create possibilities?
• Start with yourself…..
You probably have millions of good ideas
located right there in your mind. You just have to
get hold of them and pull them out.
• Learn about community……
You need to gather enough information to
form an overall picture of people's interests,
values, struggle similarities, and differences
• Think about future…..
We can make some educated guesses.
And those guesses may help us figure out next
step that work for our communities.
• Get beyond hopelessness……
Difficult time being creative and thinking
about new possibilities.
• Be courageous……
In order to be creative you may have to be
courageous. You may have to think in ways that
are different from others
• Both wright brother never graduated from high
• In 1889 the wright brothers started the west side
• It was a weekly newspaper that Wilbur and
Orville wright published briefly in 1889 and 1891.
• In 1893 the wright brothers started a bicycle
shop that allowed them to rent and repair
• Only 5 of wright brother’s bicycle exist to this
• They gained the mechanical skills essential
for their success by working for years in their
shop with printing presses, bicycle, motors
and other machinery.
• Their work with bicycle in particular
influenced their belief that an unstable
vehicle like a flying machine could be
controlled and balanced with practice.
• This shows their continuous dedication
towards work and improving their skills.
• When the world was thinking of ways to
speed up travel on land and water, they
came up with a completely new idea of
travel by Air!!!
WHEN FACING A
• Non-contributor give all type of excuses
whenever some problem crops up which
they know Is going to push them to the
• For them, the glass is “always half empty”
• Contributors, on the other hand, have a will-
do attitude…for them glass “always half full”
• Having a such an attitude is actually about
making a decision to look to the solution
rather then just the problem.
CAN-DO ATTITUDE OF A
• I can do everything, if its important enough
for me to do.
• I may not do all at once but I can do.
• I may not be best at everything but I can do
• There will be limitations but I can do
• I’ll need help but I can do everything.
• Steave jobs was the co-founder of apple
• Board members of Apple met on May 28th,
1985 and each voted on the removal of
Steve from the company.
• After taking time off, Jobs wanted to get
back to Apple and his love for computers.
• Decided to start his own company.
• Founded NeXT Computer in 1989.
• In 1986, jobs bought the graphics
group(later renamed Pixar).
• In 1996, apple announced that it would
buy neXT for $427 million. The deal was
finalize to bringing jobs back to the
company he co-founded.
• He “burned” through all the money from his first
group of investors without producing a car.
• He eventually produced a car and raised
another $60,000 in share capital, but his Detroit
auto company went bankrupt.
• In the 1920’s , henry ford refused to update from
model T car, leading sales to fall dramatically
• Ford tried to launch a political career, but never
“Failure is simply an opportunity to
begin again, this time more
- Henry Ford
Contributors do not depend on
others to give them “aid”. They
take up the challenges in front of
them and develop their own
solutions to these challenges.