Before we begin a few facts:
• Mobile phones have been around for several decades in some form or another. Beginning in the late
1940s, this cell technology was first used in mobile rigs which was mainly used in taxis, police cars and other
emergency vehicles and situations.The first mobile phones, referred to as First Generation or 1G, were
introduced to the public market in 1983 by the Motorola Company.These first mobile phones used analog
technology which was much less reliable than the digital technology we use today.
• During the 1990s, great improvements were made in the mobile phone technology.These phones used
Second Generation, or 2G technology.The Second Generation cellular phone technology was faster and
much quieter than its analog predecessor
• TheThird Generation technology, or 3G, is what many people currently use in their digital cellular phones
today.This technology was created very soon after the excitement that the 2G technology created.This
new technology is not only capable of transferring voice data (such as a phone call), but it is also able to
transfer other types of data, including emails, information and instant messages.
• FourthGeneration – 4G – technology. Goals for this new set of standards include a combination of
technologies that will make information transfer and internet capabilities faster and more affordable for
• Even though it started a little more than 20 years ago, manufacturers have created an abundance of new
technologies that keep cell phone users coming back for more.They continue to increase the number of
capabilities and services to accommodate the growing needs of today’s “on the go” culture.Waiting
anxiously is the only way to find out what they will think of next.
• Follow Friends
• Share Updates
• Join Groups
• Share Photos
• Post Status
• Share Photos
• Follows News
• Stay Connected
• Find Locations
• Get Directions
• Watch Live Events
• Get Updated Scores
• Watch live videos
• Get up to date news
• Check current balances
• Pay Bills/Transfer Money
• Deposit Checks
• Entertain your kids
• A Photographic History of the Cell Phone." 2013. Time.Web. 2013.
• Doug, Gross. "10 ways mobile gadgets have changed our lives." 7 Oct 2011.
• "The ChangesTo Mobile Phones of the Last 30 years." 2008. The People