O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
• There is an increasing pressure to free C-Band for 5G use.
• C- Band (3.4Ghz-4.2Ghz = 800 Mhz) in use mostly for Video
Contribution & Distribution
• C-Band becoming of a high economic value.
• C- Band services broadcast use eldering technologies:
– MPEG4/MPEG2 encoding
– DVB-S2/DVB-S for satellite transmission
C-Band conflict - I
• Current solution is to free C-Band by moving broadcast to Ku
band, is very expensive as it requires:
– New Ku satellite.
– New antennas installation.
– New power amplifier.
• Novelsat, field proven technology allows freeing over 65% of
C-Band (500Mhz) at the fraction of the cost, without affecting
the service, just by replacing current IRDs with Novelsat ones.
C-Band conflict - II
• Novelsat NS4™ provides over 50% higher data rate than DVB-S2 (up to 32%
over DVB-S2x), as demonstrated in thousands of sites worldwide.
• Due to 2% ROF, NS4™ efficiency can be further increased by additional 8%,
accomplished by scarifying guard band:
– Power considerations are not an issue, as most BW will be freed for 5G
• HEVC provides 50% saving compared to MPEG4.
• The accumulated saving compared to current install base, is:
Saving = NS4(33% to 42%) * HEVC(50%) = 65% to 70%
Novelsat proposed solution I
• Novelsat NS4™ SDR demodulator PCIE board, plugs into a server.
• HEVC decoder runs as a SW package on the server, providing an IRD,
combining both NS4™ and HEVC in one server unit
• Server based solution is most cost effective as it allows for:
– Multiple SW decoders per server
– Multiple RF inputs per site
• This solution allows having one unit per site, regardless of it size, thus
further contributing to savings.
• Novelsat Field proven NMS, can serve to control the NS IRDs network
Novelsat proposed solution II
64Kbps to 2x425Mbps
Enhanced IP Processing Features (QoS, NovelSat IP
Encapsulation, TCP Acc & Optimization)
DUETTM CeC- Carrier Echo Cancelation
Dual Channel - (Combined IP + ASI OR ASI1 + ASI2 )
• Up to 0.1- 80Msps Symbol rate
• ACM, TSoIP
N+1 Redundancy Switch
PCIe OEM Cards
NS10C - PCIe OEM Modulator Card
NS20C - PCIe OEM Demodulator Card
•Easy Integration to any PC based Satellite Broadcast platform
•Now Integrated into ATEME TITAN
Software-Based Live Video Compression for Distribution
NS-HUB4000 - NovelSat Multi Rx IP Demodulator Platform
Up to 32 Rx - Demodulators
on a single 1U platform !!!