2. Ten reasons to use multimedia in the
• Facilitate and develop a community of learners through online ice-breaker activities
• Help students visualize difficult concepts or procedures more easily
• Scaffold learning through activities enhanced by videos and online games
• Make language and culture come alive through the viewing and creation of audio
and video instruction
• Provide a “menu” of authentic assignment options
• Enhance accessibility through the use of powerful multimedia software tools
• Enable visualization of concepts and their connections
• Encourage collaboration and feedback
• Make learning situated and personal
• Help students document and present their learning through authentic assessments
3. DVD PLAYER
EDITING AND ASSEMBLING SPEAKERS
PROGRAMMS LARGE ROOM
VIDEO CAMERA MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT COMPUTER
4. HOW AND WHEN?
Multimedia can be used on the different
stages of a didactic unit depending on
what you want to deal with in a certain
time. Therefore we can use multimedia as
an introduction, reinforcement or
6. CREATING YOUR OWN
Creating podcast and sound:
7. USING MATERIALS
Pictures and Photographs
And…… YOUTUBE !!
8. Example of how to work with
multimedia in the classroom.
The activities presented focus on
the topic of bullying and they are
arranged in the three different
cycles of primary education.
9. 1st CYCLE
Vocabulary: numbers, colours.
Timing: at the end of the unit as revision.
•Counting the birds.
•Revision of colours.
•Creating short sentences or expression
into the characters to create a short dialogue.
10. 2nd CYCLE
Vocabulary: school materials, furniture and clothes.
Timing: in the middle of the didactic unit as reinforcement.
•Roll play: the students transfer the story in the video
to their own experience writing a dialogue to perform a roll play.
11. 3rd CYCLE
Vocabulary: feelings, adjectives and prepositions.
Timing: at the beginning of the didactic unit.
•Sociogram : we will make a questionnaire with all the students so teachers
could study the relationships between the members of the class.
•Debate: we will make a debate about integration..
12. To learn more…