O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Culture and congress centre at lucerne, switzerland
Culture and Congress Centre at
Library Case Study
Going back into time…
Amphitheatres- Roman Colloseum
Greek Theatres- Epidurous
Kultur- und Kongresszentrum Luzern
Culture and Congress Centre at Lucerne
Located in Lucerne, Switzerland
Architect Jean Nouvel
Russel Johnson (acoustics)
Competition for a Concert Hall in Lucerne
• Competition won by Jean Nouvel
• His initial idea was to encase the old building
in a glass box and project the new hall over
the edge of the lake near Lucerne, like a ship
caught in mid landing.
• Shore line cannot be broken- Competition
• The lake was then incorporated into the
• Culture and Congress Centre at Lucerne
is also known by the acronym of its German
name, KKL (Kultur- und Kongresszentrum
• Contains a flexible performance and banquet
space, the Lucerne Hall, as well as museum
and exhibition space, meeting
rooms, restaurants, and a rehearsal hall.
• It is the home of the renowned Lucerne Music
Festival, a five-week classical music
festival, which draws many of the world's
finest orchestras and soloists each summer.
• The KKL is composed of three parts and an area
• A 1,300 m2 Concert Hall and the restaurant
Seebar are located on the east side while the
multi-purpose hall (Lucerne Hall) is in the middle
of the building, Convention Center with the
auditorium and conference rooms are on the
other side as well as the Bistro restaurant, the Art
Museum of Lucerne and the administrative
• The services are located near the back, near the
Post Office, and are connected to all areas of the
-Classical music performances.
-Capacity for 1840 spectators in its five floors
(floor and balconies on four levels).
-The terrace on the roof of the Chamber gives
visitors a panoramic view of 250th on the
city, lake and mountains.
-multi-use room for his versatility, it enables all
kinds of events.
-Blues, Jazz, Plays, Dance, parade- depending on
the type the hall can be adapted
-variable separation walls and mobile floors.
Convention Center and Museum of Art Lucerne
- Always open to the public.
- The Museum of Art Lucerne is located on the
- The space center is the main auditorium on
the first floor with capacity for 270 people.
• Echo Chamber/ Reverberation Chamber
• 9 m deep
• Concrete doors, faced with plaster on a motor
• Variable Door- Specialty of Russell Johnson