1. Have a great website that’s mobile-optimized & a revenue generator
for your organization (Read: ONLINE SALES)
2. Use digital means to get people there-because that’s where their
eyeballs are looking!
• Include an element of testimonial &
• Customers trust peers more than brands
• Can be a great way to get video of
someone enjoying your brand!
1. “Moms of the Event”
2. Begin 6 weeks prior to event
3. Must post something each week (example)
“In 2019, one particular key area where you can expect social ad spend to increase is in
influencer marketing and creator utilization.” -Social Media Today
Example Ambassador Program
“Have you purchased your mega pass for the Event? $35 for 5
days of unlimited rides! My kids can’t wait to see what the
carnival has in store this year! I got my tickets on their
Example Ambassador Post
Sponsored Ambassador Events
• Host an event before or during your main event
• Invite local ambassadors-local “celebrities” or even fans who have a
lot of followers
• Create a VIP atmosphere that attendees will want to share—Great
for Millennial & Younger Ambassadors
Negotiate Number of Posts
• Include the number of social posts in which
the ambassador will mention you
• Give away tickets, food vouchers or
whatever you can in exchange
GIFs & Other Fun
• Check out the list of things you can do when you click
“publish” on Facebook
• Use popular GIFs, or GIFs that represent pop culture
in your post to speak the language of your audience
• Facebook, like Snapchat and Instagram, of course has
plenty of AR & interactive options- they just redid it
to look like Instagram
• Go to create a post & add a photo-see the choices!
• Use these to also seem like a real person as you’re
• Ask a yes or no question
• Instagram also has this feature for stories
• Example Question Ideas
• Which food item do you miss more from the festival?
• Which performance was better last night at the Grammys?
(Doesn’t have to be about your festival!)
Keep content fresh and current
• Insert yourself into current
conversations and trending events
to keep your brand fresh and top
• Example: Netflix pokes fun at the
Post Content that Gets People Talking
Harvard Business Review found that these emotions were common in highly
shared content on social media:
• Admiration, Amazement, Astonishment, Curiosity,
If you focus on these emotions (without controversial
topics!) you’re likely to see a boost in shares & comments!
Quotes are a Good Starter!
• Quotes receive 19% more retweets on average
• One of the most shared content categories on Pinterest
• Can be famous quotes OR just quotes from a press release/article you’re
Facebook is the #1 used social media
• Facebook bought Instagram in 2012
• Instagram launched Video Sharing
• Increased video length to 60 Seconds
• Added Live Video
• Added stories with video
The Family Tree
• Google is the #1 used search engine
• Bought YouTube in 2006
• YouTube became the #2 search engine
• YouTube is the most used search
engine by Generation Z
The Family Tree
Facebook Priorities for Video in 2020
1. Loyalty & Intent – More weight in videos that people seek by searching for them
specifically and return to more than once
2. Video duration – Facebook prioritizes videos that capture viewers’ attention for at
least one minute; if you have a video that is 3 minutes or more, and people WATCH
it for at least 3 minutes, you are also ranked higher
3. Originality – videos you create yourself rather than just share from another page,
will get more news feed traction
64% of consumers say watching a marketing video on Facebook has
influenced a purchase decision in the last month.
Why it Matters
Video watchers are 12 times more likely to purchase.
84% of consumers watch on mobile devices.
Use Vertical Video
• No more vertical video shaming!
• Big brands, like AT&T & NBC have noticed an 80% increase in ad
completion when videos are vertical
• Snapchat users watch 3 Billion vertical videos daily
• YouTube recently updated its interface to allow for full-screen play of
Tips for Video Advertising
• Grab attention immediately
• Create a compelling offer – Early Bird, Limited Time Only, etc.
• Doesn’t require sound
• Captioned video increases view time by an average of 12%!
• Use iMovie or Movie Maker to add call-out text to your video
• Include a call to action
In-Stream Video Ads
• “Ad starting Soon” messaging on Videos
• Facebook claims impression is 92% of the people
watching the video in the first place. Hmm…
• These placements are ideal to generate brand
awareness, but are not as useful for direct response
as you will not be able to provide a link for users
How To Use In-Stream Video
• Utilizes Facebook Audience Network
• In-stream ads are available as a
placement in Ads Manager and Power
Editor. In-stream ads are available for
the Video Views, Brand Awareness,
Reach and Post Engagement
What to Skip
• Long intros to your videos—no one has time for that (Think of TV show
opening credits now vs. a long time ago!)
• Shaky Camera Shots—A Stabilizer may be worth the investment! $75-150
(We use the one on Amazon called a Gimbal~$99)
• Videos that are too long without real content
• Includes Stock Photo/Video
options-links with iStock
• Can easily piece together
photos & videos of your own
with the stock options
• iPhone users are in luck with Clips—it’s
probably already on your phone!
• String together photos, short video clips, text
blocks, etc. with cool effects
• Even includes automatic transcription if you want
users to be able to read your video rather than
watching (GREAT for “sound off” viewing)
Hire a Pro!
• Find a friend—ask on Facebook if any of your friends do video editing
• Find a student—many colleges have Film Departments, even some high schools!
• Consider the cost/benefit for having good videos to use in your marketing
What Makes a Good Facebook Ad?
Tip #1: Use a CTA Button
• Put a Call to Action (CTA) Button in
• Make it easy to see what you’re selling
• Use an Original Graphic or Photo-
generates higher CTRs
• FREE is a magic word in any ad
Tip #2: Limited Time Offer
• Offer a deal that can only be
redeemed for a limited time
• Tickets $5 off, free T-Shirt with
purchase of 2 tickets, sign up now
and get free parking/free t-shirt,
Tip #3: List Product Benefits
• Gives people the information they
really want to know
• Use emoji to feel more real—The
check mark instead of a bullet can
increase authenticity of real person
behind the ad
• One ad can include multiple
• Can use a combo of photo and video –
or chop up one picture to make a
• 30-50% lower Cost per Conversion than
single image link ads
Apps to Slice Photos
Panorama Crop – Google Play Store
Panora – iPhone
Can remove ads for $2.99
Set Your Welcome Greeting
Having an informative “Welcome Greeting” will lower the number of
messages that you receive. Limit of 160 characters so use wisely
1. Click Settings at the top of your Desktop FB Page.
2. Click Messaging
3. Click Response Assistant
4. Change your Messenger greeting
You can have your instant reply cover your most frequently asked questions, and give
someone a response a few seconds after they write
1. From your Desktop Facebook Page, Click Inbox at the top
2. Click Automated Responses (With Atom Symbol)
3. Update any Automated Responses you’d like, including Away Message (You can
even schedule your away message to be off & on based on when you are available
Saved Replies-Response Assistant
For remaining FAQs or questions that need more explanation, you can
create and save personalized responses, that then you can send back to
someone based on their question
1. Click Settings at the top of your Desktop FB Page.
3.Click Response Assistant
4.Change your Messenger greeting
As with everything it seems on Facebook, the rules are changing for when you
can respond to someone who messages you
• 24 hour rule as a page (you can only message someone up to 24 hours after
they message you)
Top 5 Contest Tips
1. SET GOALS
• What are youtrying to achieve? Ex: more likes, email addresses (Should your contest be
paired with an ad?
2. CONSIDER THE AUDIENCE
• Important in determining your prize package Ex. Moms, teenagers, etc.
3. DETERMINE THE CONTEST TIME FRAME
• Run daily small contests for Likes & Comments or longer timeframe for more info
Contest Tips, Cont.
4. CREATE A PRIZE PACKAGE
• If your prize is bigger, you can ask for more information
5. PLAN THE FUFILLMENT
• Know how quickly you can deliver & make sure it’s within the expiration date
• Gate admission tickets
• Unlimited ride wristbands
• Season passes
• Experiences/meet and greets
• Behind the scenes tours (on a golf cart!)
• T-shirts and/or other promotional items
• Giveaways from sponsors
NOTE: We’ve found that 70—80% claim prizes.
1. Announce that you’re going to have a contest
“4 MORE DAYS! We'll be giving away 1 sheet of 24 carnival tickets to 5 lucky people later today!
2. Announce contest
3. Announce that you’re going to announce the winners
“We just drew the name of the first winner of the ULTIMATE FAIR EXPERIENCE! Are you ready to know who it is?”
4. Announce winners
Best Tools to Create Social Contests
• Woobox: create user-generated contests,
landing pages, interactive games and more!
• Shortstack: Integrates with Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter to easily track and
• Rafflecopter: Very simple – only takes 2
minutes to create engaging giveaway contests
Your Audience is Already Here!
• Create story content without building a Snapchat following
• Connections with Facebook mean most brands already have more
people following them on Instagram
• Easy to incorporate ads—
you build them in the same tool!
Stories for Business
• 1 in 4 Millennials & Gen Z-ers look for Stories of the things they want to buy.
• 15%–25% of people swipe up on a link in branded Stories.
• The average posting frequency for IG Stories for business is 2.3 posts per week.
• Remember to cross promote your stories on Facebook!
Poll Your Audience
1. Snap a photo
2. Find the poll sticker in the
3. Ask your followers to vote
4. Post your results!
Ask a Question
• Snap a picture and find the ? sticker
• Host a Q&A that allows your
followers to ask you anything about
your company, product, event, etc.
• Post the questions you receive and
include your answers!
Capture Behind the Scenes Shots
• Show your personality
• Be real and candid
• Capture scenes that would spark interest
and give insight into a new product not
released yet, or set-up for a festival.
• Choose songs for artists performing at your event
• Ask attendees to tag you while they’re sharing songs of artists
they want to hear
• Host fun dance parties while Live!
• Follow a hashtag and it will show up in
• You can “teach” Instagram what type of
posts you want to see by telling it not to
show certain images for a hashtag
• Encourage fans to follow your festival
hashtag along with your festival!
Link in Bio
• You’ve got one link on Instagram you can tout
without an ad
• Mention it in your posts & update it often to
advertise sales or special events
Create Mode-BRAND NEW
• New story options:
• Pre-created countdowns
• Pre-created quizzes
• “On this day” feature
• Add background GIFs
• And More!
• Don’t forget about this important feature!
• Press the “+” to add highlights to your page. You can
select anything that has been on your story in the past!
• You can also edit your “cover” of your highlight with icons
or matching photos like FWSSR! (Long click on existing
highlight for option to Edit)
• Familiarize new attendees with this feature!
What Ad? -Authenticity
• Ads on Instagram have a “native” feel
so play to that
• Showing real people feels more
authentic Remember what you know about
User Generated Content—it’s more believable!
• Include your hashtag—it is clickable
Snapchat Ad Options
Snapchat ads used to be EXPENSIVE!
• A one-day “discovery” pane ad- $50,000
• Sponsored lenses can be as much as $700,000!
• NOW—there are much better options
• Newest available offering from Snapchat
• Two pricing structures:
• CPM-Cost you’re willing to pay to have your ad displayed 1000 times
• Goal Based Bidding-how much do I want to pay to have 100 people click, etc.
• Swipe-up rate for Snap Ads is 5X higher than the average click-through rate for
comparable social platforms.
• Cheapest option of all ad offerings
• Offers “Annual” geofilters, where you can buy a
certain amount of geofilter time “in bulk”
• Users are very familiar with the offering, and so often
times not seen as “in your face” as other ad options
• Downside: Snapchat can charge you more during key
events at key locations
44% of email recipients made at least
one purchase last year based on a
74% of U.S. adults think content that contains data is more
trustworthy than content without data. Including data in
content will become a requirement for brands looking to build
trust with their readers. MORGAN MOLNAR –Survey Monkey
“Content marketers need to find their brand voice, and stick
to it. Consistency is key in a saturated market, as it helps
consumers to remember your brand across different
platforms & campaigns.” CASSIE DISPENZA -- Saffire
IDENTIFY YOUR BRAND IN WORDS
• Think of your brand as a person. What would
your brand say?
• If your logo wasn’t with your content, could
your audience identify the content as coming
from your brand?
• Wordclouds can help! – www.wordclouds.com
SAFFIRE CORE VALUES
1. Smart and creative innovators (Upcoming, Success, Digital, Launches, New, Future)
2. Make nerdy fun (Launches, Summit, Educational, Presentations, Fun, Exciting)
3. Dedicated team players (Together, Tips, Join, Team, Us)
4. We treat clients like family (Love, Shout Out, Clients, Friends, Family)
In 2019, content marketers will realize the power of frequency (which has
been a necessary approach since the dawn of advertising), especially
when coupled with useful, well-executed content. The most effective
content marketers in the future will adhere to the motto, “Quality
content, often.” SEAN CALLAHAN --LinkedIn
Narrow Down Your Content
• Mimic what you see on the platform. Content is King, but context is even
• Don’t interrupt or be intrusive. Talk about what your audience is sharing
• Show customers you love the music, shows, etc. they do
• BE READY when something happens you can leverage