O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Apt B3, International House, 500 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10027 • (917) 683-0679 • email@example.com
Columbia University, Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science New York, NY
Master of Science in Operations Research, Major: Financial and Managerial Applications Feb 2013
Relevant Coursework: Data Science, Stochastic Modeling, Risk Management, Supply & Demand Analytics, Simulation
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Chennai, India
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering May 2011
Relevant Coursework: Computational Engineering, Probability & Statistics, Optimization, Industrial Engineering, Economics
Leadership and Achievements
Honors List, Literary & Technical Activities Society of IIT Madras, 8/8 Semesters.
Awarded the 2011 Erasmus Mundus MathMods Scholarship for Mathematical Modeling, sponsored by the EU.
Led the University Soccer team from 2008 to 2010, and helped co-organize the inaugural Intramural Soccer tournament.
Publication: V. Sapru, K. Reddy, and B. Sivaselvan, "Time Table Scheduling Using Genetic Algorithms Employing Guided
Mutation," in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC) (2010), pp. 1-4.
CipherHealth New York, NY
Analytics Intern Apr 2013 – Present
• Developed web-based IT solutions in the form of patient discharge follow-up surveys, for client hospitals to reduce
readmission rates by 40%, and improve patient satisfaction scores by 20%
• Supported account management in assessing the performance of hospitals, by identifying at risk patients
• Analyzed patient data with SQL queries, using PostgreSQL to identify relations within a healthcare database
• Assembled the data, design and features for reports, and responsible for daily and weekly reporting using Pentaho
Center for Computational Learning Systems, Columbia University New York, NY
Summer Analyst Jul 2012 – Aug 2012
• Employed rule based techniques to determine influence within online communities, by monitoring the role of participants
• Identified and reported potential data quality issues, and determined ways to optimize process and improve data quality
• Supported researchers with data management, by classifying and annotating a large amount of linguistic data
Grokio LLC Brooklyn, NY
Intern May 2012 – Jul 2012
• Managed the development of Haystack, a startup venture offering a web analytics platform for small business owners
• Partnered with the product team to determine product requirements and define the product specifications
• Translated user feedback and business requirements into visual user interfaces, followed by A/B testing
• Built a web analytics application for data extraction from the Google Analytics API using Python
Desphaera S.A. de C.V New York, NY
Part Time Consultant Jan 2012 – Apr 2012
• Developed revenue management strategies for a Mexican e-commerce venture offering custom designed writing products
• Performed quantitative analysis of sales trends using Excel, to recommend pricing strategies and increase revenue
• Monitored Key Sales KPIs, and analyzed metrics as they changed, by working closely with the management
Institute for Data Sciences and Engineering, Columbia University New York, NY
Projects in Data Science advised by Dr. Rachel Schutt Sep 2012 – Dec 2012
• Performed data mining on a large dataset of users’ check-in activity on a social network to discover and visualize patterns
• Analyzed web logs of visits to the New York Times homepage over a month, using R to identify trends and segment viewers
• Software Tools & Applications: R, Python, PostgreSQL, Tableau, MS Office, HTML, Salesforce, Google Analytics
• Interests: Hockey, Music, Meetups, Technology; Languages: English, Hindi, Telugu