O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
O slideshow foi denunciado.
Desbloqueou transferências ilimitadas no SlideShare!
Past Years’ Questions (A Review)
An article for school newspaper
A formal letter to the Manager of a
A report to the Principal
An informal letter to your mother
An article for your school magazine
A talk to other students
A formal letter to your teacher
A report for the principal
A letter to a friend (informal letter)
A letter to a friend (informal letter )
A talk to students
An article for a school magazine
A report to the Principal
A letter to your cousin
A speech to Red Crescent Society
To inform students about the nature
club and persuade them to join.
To request a visit for your school
To inform the principal about the poor
condition and services of the library.
To ask for some money to buy a
birthday gift for your brother.
How to cope with stress
To state the choice made by your class
on a trip after the end-of-year
examination and give reasons for the
To write on matters in your school
which could be improved.
To describe your experiences at a
three-day outdoor camp.
To give reasons why he/she would
make a good Head Prefect
To give a talk on a reference book that
is useful for secondary students
To write an article about your friend.
To give reasons for the lack of interest
in sports and provide suggestions to
overcome the problems.
To tell him/her about the benefits of
the National Service Programme and to
encourage him/her to go.
To inform them on how to manage a
TOTAL MARKS FOR DIRECTED WRITING
CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS FOR ASSESSMENT
Language 15 Marks
DESCRIPTION OF CRITERIA
● The language is accurate apart from occasional draft slips.
● Sentence structure is varied and shows that the candidate is
able to use sentence length and type to achieve an intended
● Vocabulary shows some sophistication and is used with
● Punctuation is correct.
● Spelling is correct across the whole range of vocabulary used.
● Paragraphs have unity.
● The tone is appropriate for a talk to students.
● The language is almost always accurate but there may be more minor
or first draft slips.
● Errors may also arise from more ambitious structures which are
● Sentences show some variations in length and type, including
the confident use of complex sentences.
● Vocabulary is wide enough to show intended meaning.
● Spelling is nearly always accurate.
● The tone is quite suitable for a talk to students. The
reader is satisfied that a genuine attempt has been made.
● The language is largely accurate to communicate meaning
clearly to the reader.
● Simple structures are used without error; mistakes may occur
when more sophisticated structures are attempted.
● Vocabulary is adequate to convey intended meaning although it
may not be sufficiently developed to achieve precision.
● Sentences shows some variety of length and structures although
there is a tendency to repeat some sentence types, giving it a
● Punctuation is generally accurate although errors may occur in
more complex uses.
● The talk is written in paragraphs which show some unity,
although links may be absent or inappropriate.
● The tone of the talk lapses into slang or informal language.
ASPECTS OF FORMAT
To: The principal
Writer’s name & post
2 February 2014
Asking permission to visit …
123, Jalan ABC
(name & designation)
A Speech / Talk
The title of my speech is
An Article for school magazine / HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
by Umer Hashmi