2. About A.I in computer
3. Early history
4. Example of A.I tech
5. Current status of A.I
6. Challenges of A.I
7. Future of A.I
8. Pros and Cons
The name “artificial intelligence” covers
a lot of disparate problem areas, united
mainly by the fact that they involve
complex inputs and outputs that are
difficult to compute (or even check for
correctness when supplied).
One of the most interesting such areas
is sensor-controlled behavior, in which a
machine acts in the real world using
information gathered from sensors such
as sonars and cameras. This is a major
focus of A.I. research at Yale
4. 1)The study of computer systems that attempt to model and apply the
intelligence of the human mind.
2) A branch of computer science dealing with the simulation of intelligent
behaviour in computers.
3) The capability of a machine to imitate intelligent human behaviours.
understanding of A.I and it's future
About A.I in computer science
5. EARLY HISTORY
● In 1950 English mathematician Alan Turing wrote a landmark paper titled
“Computing Machinery and Intelligence” that asked the question: “Can
● Further work came out of a 1956 workshop at Dartmouth sponsored by John
McCarthy. In the proposal for that workshop, he coined the phrase a “study
of Artificial Intelligence”
6. EXAMPLE OF A.I TECHNOLOGY
Google Now, Siri and Cortana
are all intelligent digital
personal assistants on various
platforms (iOS, Android, and
Windows Mobile). In short, they
help find useful information
when we ask for it using our
Example of Cortana response
7. We can use them to make calls, send messages, set reminders, take notes,
recognize music, find great restaurants, check your calendar, and more.
8. CURRENT STATUS OF A.I
❏ AI have taken many shapes and forms over recent years
1. Mobile Phones ( Siri/ Cortana)
2. Video Games Characters
3. GPS/ Voice Recognition
❏ Google has been a major play on AI transcendence and Deep Learning. o
Deep learning is a machine learning based on algorithms.
10. THE FUTURE OF A.I
• Beyond negotiation, Moore says CMU is betting several other AI areas are going
to be hugely important in the near future.
• Self Driving Cars.
• Improved Medical Care & Treatment.
• Open up doors to future explorations etc.
11. PROS & CONS
• Precision and Accuracy Cost incurred in the maintenance and repair
• Space exploration Not able to act any different
• Function without stopping, Risk Reducing Humans may became dependent on machines.
• Used for mining process Lack the human touch
• Can do laborious tasks Lack common sense
• Fraud detection, manage records Abilities of humans may diminish
13. Creativity is a fundamental feature of human intelligence, and
a challenge for AI. AI techniques can be used to create new
ideas in three ways: by producing novel combinations of
familiar ideas; by exploring the potential of conceptual spaces;
and by making transformations that enable the generation of
previously impossible ideas. AI will have less difficulty in
modelling the generation of new ideas than in automating