O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
The Personal project introduction Powerpoint Presentation
PERSONAL PROJECT !!!!
( GO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!)
THE PERSONAL PROJECT:
• Checks your ability and responsibility to learn something
new, i.e. to be an independent learner.
• Determines your ability to use your knowledge and
skills to investigate and communicate your own
response to issues of your choice.
• Equips you with skills to be a life long learner.
WHAT IS THE PERSONAL PROJECT ?
• A significant creative piece of work or investigative report.
• Undertaken over an extended period of time in the student’s own
• Student initiated but guided and supervised by a teacher.
• Based an issue or topic related to the Areas of Interaction i.e. health
& social , environmental, exploring your creativity and its
consequences, community and service. This will be expressed in a
focus question that will guide your project development. Your
product will be your attempt to offer a solution to this question
• Completed in the final year of the MYP (Year 10).
• Assesses a student’s level of independence and responsibility
applied to a project that addresses an issue of interest, or the
student’s ability to learn something new.
WHAT ARE THE AREAS OF INTERACTION?
Basically the AOIs help you develop a focus for your project. and include:
• Approaches to Learning – focuses on the skills, techniques, methods of effective
learning & communication – e.g. research skills, collecting information from a variety
of sources, using the writing process, structuring your writing to communicate what
you know, etc.
• Community & Service – involvement in an activity that helps someone in the
community- e.g. coaching a sport, a project that draws the community’s attention to
an issue, undertaking a recycling campaign in the community.
• Health & Social Education – deals with physical & mental health; relationships –
e.g. investigating issues associated with drugs, fitness, a sport, self esteem, peer
• Environments – focuses interdependence of human beings and nature and
development. e.g. conservation of endangered species; investigating pollution, global
warming, illegal logging & deforestation, sustainability, alternative energy sources,
• Human Ingenuity– the creative and inventive genius of people; their impact on
society e.g. creating an invention, examining artwork to develop you own technique,
writing poetry, composing songs, learning to play a musical instrument,
How will the Project be Assessed?
• Planning and Development: identity link to AOI, describe, set and then
focus on goals
• Collection of Information/Resource: select, identify, use a variety of
• Choice an Application of Techniques: choose and apply
approach/technique relevant to doing your project.
• Analysis of Information: express thoughts and creativity, imagination
• Organization of the Report: clearly presented and structured
• Analysis of the Process and Outcome; identify, develop and describe
strengths & weaknesses of the project
• Personal Engagement and Attitude: time management and motivation,
application to task
COMPONENTS OF THE PERSONAL PROJECT
The personal project includes:
• A Focus Question / Goal to guide your inquiry. This is based on an
Area Of Interaction.
• A Product which is seen as your attempt to offer a solution to your
focus question / goal.
• A Personal Statement that outlines the knowledge, skills and
processes used to undertake your project. Outline this regularly in
your process journal.
• An Exhibition where you promote your project and the issue you
explored to the wider school community and your parents.
THE PERSONAL PROJECT
• Can be related to you own interests, hobbies or talents.
• Investigates issues you are concerned about related to
an Area of Interaction i.e. social, health, environmental,
creativity and its consequences, community & service
• Is your solution to an issue/ problem expressed in a focus
THE PERSONAL STATEMENT:
• Is a REPORT that gives the details of the
processes and skills used to produce your
project. i.e. the writing process, research skills,
thinking in different ways, working with people,
• Is to be no longer then 4 000 words
The Personal Project Exhibition:
Is a public display drawing
attention to your product and the
issue to which it is related.
Now you really get to shine!!!
THE PERSONAL PROJECT TIMELINE
• THEME – EXPLORING WORLD ISSUES
• Topic Choice:
• Progress Exhibition – Dec.
• Product due – Mid-February.
• Personal Statement draft – Early March
• Personal Statement completed – Mid March
• Personal Project Exhibition – Mid April.