Attendees Will Learn
•Key Components for a successful
•How to structure a cross-media
campaign...from concept to
•Critical success factors
•How to successfully outsource
marketing services and partner with
key vendors to enhance customer
It is not the strongest
of the species that survive,
nor the most intelligent,
but the most responsive to change.
If you are currently implementing cross media
campaigns for your customers
Risk & Reward of MSP
Reinvention to MSP worth it?
Not for everyone...
• Assess your company’s current situation, including strengths,
weaknesses, threats, opportunities and competitive landscape.
• Assess your current (and desired) customer landscape. Are you meeting
your needs? What services might you consider adding?
• Identify the universe of available growth opportunities.
• Research, prioritize and articulate a strategy that is achievable and aligns
with your objectives.
• Execute (And when in doubt, partner with vendors who have the expertise
you may be lacking)
Strategy & Planning
• What makes you different?
• Which vertical markets are you
• Expand existing relationships
• What companies are hiring
• Think about what is going to get
you in the door-who you know,
referrals from satisﬁed
• Research internet (LinkedIN,
websites, press releases) etc.
• Start small.
How many line items are on your invoice?
City, St. Zip
55,000 Data Management $ 750.00 services-
1.00 Project Management $ 1250.00 integration
55,000 Printing of 5.5 x 8.5 Postcards $ 3545.00 means
55,000 Mailing Services $ 1275.00 revenue
55,000 PURL Campaign $15,000.00
55,000 Email Campaign $ 6500.00
1.00 Monthly Consulting Retainer $ 5500.00
1.00 Website Development $ 8500.00
1.00 Social Media Development $ 7500.00
Evolution to a More
1. Fill pipeline with quality leads for sales
2. Add more digital media and interactive talent.
3. Sharpen focus, how they can better produce, invest
more dollars in driving demand and less on branding.
4. Grow or retain market share and drive top-line growth.
5. Develop more targeted and relevant communications to
disseminate across channels
6. Utilize multi-channels for your customers marketing
Marketers & IT Disconnect
Aligning the CMO & CIO to Achieve
1. Only 4% of Marketing Execs and 7% of IT Execs
feel they are prepared to exploit digital marketing
2. Only 8% of Marketers & 6% of IT said they
believe their data and analytics are integrated.
3. 78% of Marketers and 68% of IT believe digital
marketing is important. Only 1/3 of Marketers and
1/5th of IT said their companies are invested in
4. Noticeable disconnect between IT & Marketing
*Sample survey of 328 Marketing Executives and 308 IT Executives
1. Sales struggles with the delivery, quality of ﬁnal
production and overall process management of
2. Sales struggles with receiving marketing materials in a
timely matter-60% email requests-47% phone
3. 79% of sales surveyed requested the opportunity to
personalize and target individual customers marketing
4. Summary: Marketing Supply Chain must be armed
with a tool that integrates data driven, (POD) strategy,
along with on-demand access to materials
How do you get started selling integrated campaigns?
• Allow time for planning-
identify the audience, who are
their ideal customers, review
data to segment into smaller
lists, if not enough data
consider modeling-or ﬁnding
• Are you going to partner for
service offerings or build
platform offerings internally?
• Involve your vendor early-
What will be your unique selling
proposition- determine how to
deliver it. Work out budget and
• Deﬁne your customer’s goal/
Houston, we have a problem
90% of businesses are
unable to execute the
strategy they have on
70% of businesses
they will never attain
Source: Axon, L. Learning to lead: How Companies Grow Profits by Growing Leaders,
Source: Norton, D. Aligning your Strategy to the Customer Value Proposition,
audience, who are
the ideal customers,
review data to
smaller lists, if not
consider modeling- People
or ﬁnding like
Cross media metrics
•Test, Test, Test
•EXTRACTING PATTERNS FROM DATA
• FORECASTING PROBABILITIES AND TRENDS
•WHAT DOES YOUR BEST CUSTOMER LOOK
•ASSIGN A POINT VALUE TO PROSPECTS
•HOW THEY INTERACT WITH THE COMPANY
•IF THEY HAVE A NEED FOR THE PRODUCT
Tracking and Deliverability
Email metrics by
What you measure depends on your objectives
Opens-Who and When??
Maximize open rates based on knowledge for future campaigns
Test different times to send emails to see what receives the best
•Developed truly dynamic 100%
personalized email and printed
•Delivered a direct mail piece
driving them to a website and
asked them questions regarding
•This information was
integrated into database for
•Lessons learned: Constantly
It’s not a made to order
Personalized URLs are not a made-to-order magic
trick you can buy from the store and immediately get
results for your business.
Like all marketing tools use
personalized URLs to:
• think about a strategy for reaching your different
• plan on integrating your ‘magic’ personalized URLs
with current media
• make a conscious effort to follow through on each
message you send
• Mobile marketing is exploding-
• Reaches 91% of households in the US
• Top Mobile Verticals:
6.Retail & Restaurants
•82% of US executives are carrying smart
phones (that compares to 28% penetration
among US consumers
•Majority of these executives consider their
smart phone to be their primary business tool
•Mobile marketing is not a stand alone
strategy- it is an extension of a
Social Marketing & Dept. Integration
•HR department should embrace social and use it to attract and retain
•Marketing department should use it to form deeper, more loyal
relationships with customers.
•PR department should use it to spread communications and build
•Customer service department should use it to answer customer
questions on a mass scale.
•CEO should use it to spread the mission of the company to the most
•Finance department…ok, maybe not the ﬁnance department
But most departments within a company should understand the power
that social provides.
In a world with millions of channels, brands whose consumers tell the
best stories, win
EXPERIENCES - EMOTIONS - STORIES
80% of CEO’s believe their
brand provides a superior
8 % of their customers agree
Blendtec-Will it Blend?
Youtube viral video
Blendtec’s retail sales are up 700%,
Youtube site has 200,000+ subscribers and it has
been featured on The Today Show, Tonight Show,
History Channel, Wall St. Journal to name a few. It
has also won a Clio for their interactive efforts.
Starbucks - My starbucks idea on
Lesson: thinking of ways to build your
company are great, but directly asking
your consumers what they want is better.
Acting on it is the success of the
IBM-created an entire network of blogs
allowing their employees to write about
their experiences, what they were working
on etc. Lesson: having a CEO that blogs is
great but increase the number of blogs and
you increase the
Be seen as the company that adopts new
ways of doing things.
Wise Social Webinar
Increasing Marketing ROI by
Outsourcing Social Media
Wed., May 4th
2:00 PM EST
To sign up:
& be entered to win an iPad2
1. Provide proactive ideas and solutions
2. Senior team review and involvement in all projects
3. Attention to details and quality control
4. Fast, reliable service
5.Creative products & services that exceeds
We believe our success depends on your success.
When our clients win, we win!