3. Product Mix
Set of all the products that an organization offers to
• Product Width : Total no. of product lines a company
• Product Length : Total number of items in that mix.
• Product Depth : Assortment of sizes, colors and
variation offered for each product in the product line.
• Consistency : Closeness exhibited by the product lines
in production requirements, distribution, end usage etc.
4. Product Mix of HUL
Oral Care Deodorants Soap &
Product Mix Width
5. • Kotler defines differentiation as the process of adding
meaningful and valued differences to distinguish the
company’s offering from the competition.
• There are a number of differentiation dimensions and
strategies for their accomplishment.
7. • Make a product more attractive by contrasting its unique qualities with other
• Successful product differentiation creates a competitive advantage for the
seller, as customers view these products as unique or superior.
• Differentiation may include customization, packaging, and attractive pricing
8. Service Differentiation
• Customer service can be enhanced by 24-hour customer
feedback through e-mail and the ability to respond more
rapidly to customer concerns.
• Home delivery of groceries, online banking, and
securities trading are becoming increasingly popular.
• Today such services supplement traditional services, but
may someday replace them.
9. Personnel Differentiation
• Companies can gain a strong competitive advantage
through having better-trained people.
• Singapore Airlines enjoys an excellent reputation in large
part because of its fight attendants.
• The McDonald’s people are courteous
• The IBM people are professional
10. • The internet:
• Is a location-free, time-free distribution and communication
• Functions as a communication channel for companies that provide
product or service information online.
• Serves as a transaction and distribution channel for companies
that conduct online commercial transactions.
• Becomes the entire distribution channel for digital products.
11. Image Differentiation
• A company can differentiate itself by creating a unique
experience called “experience branding.”
• Through experience branding firms can better retain
customers, target key segments, and enhance
13. Differentiation Strategies
• Trout and Rivkin proposed specific differentiation
strategies common to offline and online
• Being the first to enter the market.
• Owning a product attribute in the mind of the
• Demonstrating product leadership.
• Utilizing an impressive company history or heritage.
• Supporting and demonstrating the differentiating
• Communicating the difference.
14. There are 6 differentiation strategies unique to
Easy downloads, accurate and clear
information, easy navigation.
Strong brand recognition.
Safe and encrypted payment process for
Internet-Specific Differentiation Strategies
15. Efficient and Timely Order Processing
In the early days of the Web, companies
offered discounts as purchase incentives.
Majority of firms today differentiate
themselves in other ways besides pricing.
Customer Relationship Management
Managing long-term relationships with
Invite User-generated Content
The key is to trust customers, listen, respond,
Notas do Editor
Level - Product class (Automobile sector _ Cars , Trucks, Bikes etc.) 2. level (Trucks – Heavy duty and semi heavy duty) (cars – SUV’s, Family cars) 3 Level (Brands – Fiat, Skoda , Toyota, )