2. ABOUT INFOSYS
• Infosys Limited (NASDAQ: INFY) – started on 1981 by seven
people with US$ 250.
• Today, it is a global leader in the "next generation" of IT and
• Revenues of US$ 6.604 billion (LTM Q2-FY12).
4. ABOUT INFOSYS
• Vision : "We will be a globally respected corporation."
• Mission : "To achieve our objectives in an environment of
fairness, honesty, and courtesy towards our clients, employees,
vendors and society at large.“
– Infosys believes that the softest pillow is a clear conscience. The
values that drive it underscore its commitment to:
– Client Value: To surpass client expectations consistently
– Leadership by Example: To set standards in our business and
transactions and be an exemplar for the industry and ourselves
– Integrity and Transparency: To be ethical, sincere and open in all our
– Fairness: To be objective and transaction-oriented, and thereby earn
trust and respect
– Excellence: To strive relentlessly, constantly improve ourselves, our
teams, our services and products to become the best.
5. Performance Management
• It is an organization - wide management program that
provides a structured approach to:
Communicate business strategy
Establish a shared understanding of what is to be
achieved and how it is to be achieved
Facilitate management of self and others
Measure and motivate performance
(organizational and individual)
6. PMS Consists of…
• A process for communicating employee performance
expectations, maintaining ongoing performance dialogue,
and conducting annual performance appraisals;
• A procedure for addressing employee performance that
falls below expectations;
• A procedure for encouraging and facilitating employee
• Training in managing performance and administering the
• A procedure for resolving performance pay disputes.
7. KEY RESULTANT AREA
• KRAs are mutually set through a discussion between the
manager and the employee.
– Self Assessment (by appraise)
– Review by Team Leader in a one to one meeting between the
project manager and the software engineer.
– Final review by the project Manager (Reviewer)
– Finally the points are given.
– The report is sent three levels higher.
– Then it is sent back to the engineer to find if he/she is satisfied.
– If it is agreeable then it is finalized.
– There is a salary hike or a band change accordingly.
• This entire system is online. Hence everyone involved in the
process gets to gets track of it. This ensures transparency.
• A bi-annual process.
• The system is called Online- PerforMagic.
• Consolidated relative rating is calculated.
Assessment of an individual’s performance relative to the peer group
• Rating ranges from 1+ to 4.
• 1+ star performance
• 4 is under performance