It emphasizes four functions of management Development and their interrelatedness
Selection, Appraisal, Rewards & development.
This model is incomplete as it focuses on only four functions of HRM and ignore all other
environmental and contingency factors.
But, this model is simple and can serve as a heuristic framework for explaining the nature
and significance of HR activities.
1. It is committed to organisational growth.
2. Employees are considered as sources and competitive advantage which helps
companies reduce costs.
3. Ability of managers to make quick decisions.
4. Outsourcing recruitment helps construct effective strategies in times of calamities.
1. It is considered to be incomplete because it focuses only on HR functions & ignores
other factors impacting HRM.
2. It is also criticized for being unitarist as it neglects employee relationships when
focusing on managerial functions.
3. This means it approaches HR as hard, not differentiating human resources from other
4. The Control on employees is too high.
The Fombrun model or the Matching model is one of the simplest HRM models aimed at
helping organizations use human resources for the fulfilment of organizational objectives
Though it does not offer a perfect solution for every business, it gives HR teams a good
foundation upon which they can build, refine and improve practices.