STRESS: WHAT IS IT?
WHAT IS STRESS MANAGEMENT
SOURCES OF STRESS
TYPES OF STRESS
THE FOUR “PS” STRESS MANAGEMENT”
EFFECTS OF STRESS
STRESS RELIEVING TECHNIQUES
3. Stress: What is it?
1. It is a mental or physical tension that can result from different causes.
2. People are stressed when they find themselves in danger or in an unfamiliar
3. It is a condition which has both physical and emotional effects.
4. What is Stress Management
Stress management refers to the wide
spectrum of techniques and psychotherapies
aimed at controlling a person's levels of
stress, especially chronic stress, usually for
the purpose of improving everyday
6. Types of Stress
1. Positive stress
A. Motivates, focuses energy
B. Improves performance
C. Feels exciting
2. Negative stress
A. Causes anxiety or concern,
B. Can lead to mental and physical problems,
C. Decreases performance
7. “The four ‘Ps’ Stress management”
PRAYER OR MEDITATION
Preparation With regular practice and repetition.
• If possible, plan to set aside a specific time each day.
• If you can, choose a quiet place, It's easier to learn if you are not interrupted.
• It's impossible to relax if you are cold, so make sure you are comfortably warm.
• Avoid practicing relaxation when you are hungry or just after eating a meal.
Perspective simply means your way of seeing or looking a particular
situation .If there’s nothing you can do about a stressful situation,
change your perspective on that particular situation. When stuck in
traffic, for example, consider it an opportunity to listen to your
favorite radio station, regroup your thoughts, go over what you have
to do at work that day or enjoy some quiet time.
Never Give Up
Seek Out the Positive
Take Action and then, Take Responsibility
Get Help When Needed
Know Your True Self
Break Your Bad Habits
Concentrate on Stress Management
11. Prayer or meditation
Reduction of stress reduction
Prayer is when you talk to God ;
meditation is when you listen to God.
Being happy keeps you young being stressed bad for
your health do what makes you happy and delete the
stress. As we all know stress is the part of life but
there are ways through we can control stress by
prayer or meditation, preparation, perspective and
Enjoy your life
Don’t worry be happy