7. Different objects in the skin preferentially absorb different wavelengths of light. (selective absorption ) “ How does Selective Photothermolysis work ?”
8. The right wavelength can selectively destroy the object without affecting the surrounding tissue. ( selective photothermolysis )
9. Laser IPL + long-pulse multi- wavelength Laser Single Energy Multiple Wavelength Multiple Wavelength Multiple Energy IPL+RF now PPx Recent Development of Lasers and Skin 1980-2000 1990-2000 2000-2010 Single Energy Single Wavelength
10. Differences between LASERS and IPL LASER ‘ Radiation of a fixed wavelength’ IPL ‘ Fixed range of pulsed light of differing wavelengths’ Targets at different depths of skin will be affected. The selectivity of IPL is decreased and much higher energy is often needed to achieve the clinical result.
11. Multi-target effect of differing wavelengths in photorejuvenation Vascular lesions Pigmented lesions Fine lines Skin texture