O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2000
SNEHAL DINESH PATIL
Roll no. 651
• IT Act 2000, was notified on October
• It was opposed by SAVE YOUR
VOICE CAMPAIGN and other civil
society organization in INDIA.
• In that time being, user review and
mouth shut.com a social networking
site had filed a write petition in
• An act to provide legal recognition.
• Referred as ELECTRONIC
ATTRIBUTION OF ELECTRONIC
An electronic record shall be attributed to
1. if it was sent by the originator himself.
2. By a person who had the authority to act
on behalf of the originator in respect of
that electronic record
3. By an information system programmed
by or on behalf of the orginator to operate
• Any communication by the addressee,
automated or otherwise or
• Any conduct of the addressee, sufficient to
indicate to the originator that the
electronic record has been received.
• Where the originator has stipulated that
the electronic record shall be binding only
on receipt of an acknowledgement.
TIME AND PLACE OF DESPATCH AND
RECEIPT OF ELECTRONIC RECORD
• The time of receipt of an electronic record
shall be determined as follows:
1. If the addressee has designated a
computer resource for the purpose of
receiving electronic records.
2. Receipt occurs at the time when the
electronic, record enters the designated
3. If the electronic record is sent to a
computer resource of the addressee that
is not the designated computer resource,
receipt occurs at the time when the
electronic record is retrived by the
APPOINTMENT OF CONTROLLER
AND OTHER OFFICERS
• Central government may appoint number
of deputy controllers and assistant
controllers as it deems fit.
• Controller shall perform the functions
assigned to them by the controller under
the general superintendence and control of
• The qualifications, experience and terms
and conditions of service of controller
shall be such as may be prescribed by the
• There shall be a seal of the office of the
FUNCTIONS OF CONTROLLER
• Exercising supervision
• Certifying public keys
• Laying down the standards to be
maintained by the certifying authorities.
• Specifying the contents of written, printed
or visual materials and advertisement.
• Specifying the form and manner in which
accounts shall be maintained.
• Specifying the terms and conditions
subject to which auditors may be
DUTIES OF SUBSCRIBERS
• Generating key pair:
The public key which corresponds to the
private key of the subscribers which is to
be listed in the certificate which the
subscriber would generate the key pair by
applying the security procedure.
• Acceptance of digital signature
By accepting the certificate the
subscriber certifies to all who reasonably
rely on the information contained in the
THE CYBER REGULATIONS
• Establishment of cyber appellate tribunal.
• Composition of cyber appellate tribunal.
• Qualifications for appointment as
presiding officer of the cyber appellate
• Term of officer.
• Filling up of vacancies.
• Orders constituting appellate tribunal to be
final and not to invalidate.
• Subscriber may authenticate an electronic
record by affixing his digital signature.
• Authentication of the electronic record
shall be affected by the use of asymmetric
• Equivalent to handwritten signature.
• Legal recognition of electronic records.
• Legal recognition of digital signature.
• Use of electronic records and digital
• Retention of electronic records.
• Publication of rules and regulation.
• Power to make rules by central
• Certifying Authority to issue digital
• Representation upon issuance of digital
• Suspension of digital certificate.
• Revocation of Digital Signature
• Notice of Suspension or Revocation.
SECURE ELECTRONIC RECORDS AND
SECURE DIGITAL SIGNATURES
Secure electronic record.
Secure digital signatures.
• Tampering with computer source
• Hacking with computer system.
• Publishing information which is obscene.
• Power of controller.
• Directions of controller.
• Protected system.
• Penalty to damage computer system.
• Penalty for failure to furnish information.
• Penalty for misrepresentation .
• The Gazette of India extra ordinary.
All said and done, the Information Technology Act, 2000 is a great
achievement and a remarkable step ahead in the right achievement and a
remarkable step ahead in the right direction.