O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
By now you've probably heard enough times the importance of metrics. In the initial stages of a startup there isn't a lot of data, so we need to get some! There are some crucial initial steps you need to take to get set and collect metrics. In this talk I'll present how to take an initial snapshot, setup some initial metrics to track your progress, align them with milestones, and how you can use those metrics to guide your decision making and spend your limited time wisely.
Similar groups over time.
Lots of data.
Testing all variables at once.
Average revenue for 5 months as we add features, and
January February March April May
Customers 1,000 2,000 3,000 4,000 5,000
Per Customer $5.00 $4.50 $4.33 $4.25 $4.50
Table 2-1 from Lean Analytics.
• Understand place of features in your product.
• Look at the frequency of their usage.
• Does one feature lead to the usage of another
• Can you constrain UX to improve adoption?
• Can issues reported or requests be monetized?
• Most important question you have.
• Draw a line.
• Focuses entire company.
• Encourages a culture of experimentation & small
•How many new customers do you need?
•How many new customers per week (per
acquisition channel) do you think define a level of
• Level of success being that which gets you to
the next stage.
Take a snapshot today!
Marketing & product.
• Come up with 1 metric.
• Ask yourself, “How will our current activities
meet or achieve that metric?”
• Cut out the activities that don’t or put
them on the back burner.
• Email me your metric and activities
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or come to my office
hours on Friday @ 12-1pm.
• What are metrics and analytics
• Methods of collecting metrics
• Types of metrics
• One metric that matters
Metrics based on business model
• E-Commerce Site
• Get to shopping cart.
• Reduce abandonment!
• Monthly subscription
• Conversion v. cancellation rate
• transaction fee
• connecting buyers & sellers
• Mobile App
• in-app purchases
• upgrading to paid app
• engagement with content