Buyer personas are fictional, generalised
representations of your ideal customers.
They help you understand your customers
(and prospective customers) better, and
make it easier for you to tailor content to the
specific needs, behaviours, and concerns of
1. Ask a big personality to look after your social
2. Engage and listen more, don’t broadcast!.
3. Utilise your social space for customer services,
4. Firm up your social media policy so your whole
business feels comfortable contributing.
5. Target small pockets of communities, don’t
focus on going viral!
Top 5 tips
1. Consider triggers for marketing automation.
2. Plan quality content for your new and
3. Assess which marketing automation
software is right for your business. (££££££!)
4. Be smart, put yourself in their shoes.
5. Track, evaluate and refine consistently.
Top 5 marketing automation
1. Stop boxing “mobile” with mobile phones.
2. New technology = New opportunity.
3. Make sure your brand is on every device.
4. Invest your time and money in developing
your mobile experiences.
5. Be ready for the future! (we’re only going to
be more mobile!)
Top 5 mobile marketing tips
1. Upgrade your Google analytics to universal
analytics. (if you haven’t already!)
2. Create a Google analytics dashboard that
suits your business.
3. Refine your data using segments.
4. Check out different data visualisation tools
(E.g Twitter analytics)
5. Be pragmatic - Big data isn’t going to change
your business over night!
Top 5 big data tips
1. Don’t focus on going viral, focus on reaching
2. Ensure you’re being creative & engaging, not
just ticking boxes.
3. Use a content plan. (if you need one, let me
4. Give it away to other websites and bloggers.
5. Be bold.
Top 5 content marketing tips