O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
2019 July Elections
• Nominees are required to sign and agree to the
OHIO YAB Code of Conduct.
• Elected Officers and Officers-in-Training are required to
commit to participate in monthly calls.
• Officers will take office at the August 17th OHIO YAB Officers
Retreat. First runners-up (“Officers-in-Training”) will be invited
to attend as well.
• Youth who are interested in serving
as an officer give a speech
• Decisions are made via secret ballot
• Only YOUTH vote
• Votes should NOT be based on popularity, or
choosing youth from your own county
Duties of the President
• Must be an impartial judge of
the abilities of others and
empower them to contribute
• Keeps informed of members’
progress and ensures that the
board keeps moving forward
• Never interjects personal
opinions or dominates the
Duties of the Vice President
• Presides at meetings and
other functions in the
absence of the president.
• Must be well informed of
the issues and skilled in
handling the board’s
• Must be prepared to
assume the office of
President when necessary.
Duties of the Media
• Develops news releases related to the Board and distributes
them to the media after fellow Officers approve the wording.
• Includes the “who, what, when, where, why and how,” and a
description of the activity and how it impacts the community.
Duties of the Secretary
• Takes minutes during
each statewide meeting
• Takes minutes during
each officer call
• Assists in developing
agendas for OHIO YAB
meetings and phone calls
Duties of the Parliamentarian
The Referee of Youth Advocacy:
• Helps keep the peace
• Helps make sure Board members
and Officers listen to one another
• Brings issues to a satisfactory
conclusion when sending that it is
dragging or being monopolized
Duties of the Treasurer
• Assist in developing the budget
• Keeps track of board expenses
• Assists in fundraising for the OHIO YAB