• Motivation is the consequence of an interaction
between the individual and the situation.
People who are “motivated” exert a greater
effort to perform than those who are ‘not
• Motivation is the willingness to do something.
It is conditioned by this action’s ability to satisfy
some need for the individual
FEATURES OF MOTIVATION :::::
It is important component of directing
function of managing.
It is a psychological aspects of management.
It is a internal feeling which arises from the
need and desires of a person.
It is a goal directed behavior.
It can be +ve & -ve.
It is continuous process.
• The two factor theory is also known as
Herzberg's motivation-hygiene theory .
• It states that there are certain factors in
the workplace that cause job
satisfaction, while a separate set of
factors causes dissatisfaction.
• It was developed by psychologist