O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Nicole Newman Presentation on Making Content for Philly Net Tuesday
Web Design for Non-
Philly NetSquared Presentation on June 2nd, 2015
Nicole Newman, President of Newman Networks
Content versus Distribution
• The information provided
about your product, service
and brand through a variety of
• Website is not distribution
• NEW CONTENT IS KING
• Mobile friendly design
• Distribution is the process of
placing the content in front of
• Online Tools - Email Marketing,
Social Media, News
• Print Tools - business cards,
Website Design for DYNAMIC content
• Dynamic - (of a process or system) characterized by constant
change, activity, or progress.
• NEW Content is KING
• Organization Changes lead to new content
• Annual Report
• Impact on the Community
• Social Environment
• Make the web/mobile design include DYNAMIC content
Start with the end in mind
• Good web design is SIMPLE, good content is SIMPLE too
• What is the purpose? it is for the funders or participants?
• Does it provide information? i.e. IMPACT on the community
• Does it help the potential participant understand the process?
• Does it answer frequently asked questions?
• Does the website lead to more content (email marketing , social
media, public relations media, cross marketing partners)
Tell YOUR ORGANIZATION’S story
• What makes your organization unique?
• Use VIDEO
• Use data to show how effective the organization is
• Cause marketing for funders to build a relationship.
• Is the website also promoting fundraising campaigns?
• Build SEO into the web design
Design Elements for Content
• Graphics - logo, pictures, video
• Good font and type setting (white space)
• Social Media Integration
• New content - calendar of events, blog
• What does your organization offers prospective clients
• Testimonials of doing what you say
• Example - http://www.csfphiladelphia.org
Articles posted on Business Technology @
• Web Design 101: just the basics please
• Web Design 101: What is content and what is distribution?
• Web Design 101: Great Content Elements
• Web Design 101: Content is still King
• My Contact information:
Upcoming Events for website content
• June 3rd - Finding Money Stories in Census Data
• June 4th - The Power of Data in Story Telling
• June 27th - Reinvesting in our community ONE student at a
• July 7th - Philly Net Squared
• Newman Networks on Eventbrite