*Subsidiary of Imperial Chemical
Industries (ICI) in 1968
•Incorporated as ICI Bangladesh
Manufacturers Limited on January
•Advanced Chemical Industries
Limited (ACI Limited) on 5 May
4. Macro and Micro Variables Affecting Marketing
• Shortage of raw materials
• Inflation and global economy
• Growth of population
• Consumers perception
• Accountability ti the shareholders
• Political environment
14. • Currently Savlon Hand Wash is holding the 2nd
position in the market
• 4 variant, 16 skus, choice of fragrance &
attractive packaging are the visible supporting
Type of product &
20. Creating Word of Mouth
Life Buoy Selling Idea: 10 Sec. to wash the hand.
Fight against germs.
10 Sec possible as Lifebuoy is soap based..
Fight against skin as it will dry your hand quickly..
Smells like Korpur as the formulation was made in India.
Thicker consistency is lower than Savlon
Base Skin Care
24. CHANNEL STRATEGY
Types of Distribution
Intensity of Distribution Network
• Conventional Marketing Channel
25. •SAVLON LOGO IS RECALLED ONLY
WITH LIQUID ANTISEPTIC IN
•TO COMMUNICATE WITH
CONSUMERS SAVLON LOGO IS NOT
ENOUGH FOR SAVLON HAND WASH.
26. Rational behind mode of particular communication:
• Doing advertisement on magazine,
newspaper, internet, website.
• Target a group of customer who are techno
• Advertising on television costs a lot of money.
• Placing billboards with a image of their varieties
• Regular advertisement on magazine to reduce
cost on advertisement.
• Camping on social welfare
• At first 70 percentage of income are generating
from Dhaka but now 58 percentage of income are
generating from Dhaka as the income has been
spread all over the parts of our country.
28. Factors affecting to determine a particular mode of
• Mainly centralized in Dhaka city.
• Considering lifebuoy company savlon
companies sell is not good enough as well as
• Savlon company cannot earn much profit as
they are not contributing not much money on
• Savlon company is not an multinational