Priority 1: Engaging the Community
• Community members told us that an engaged citizenry is important for collaborative solutions and informed
residents. The library wants to play a central role in strengthening the human capital of Kalamazoo by facilitating
community dialogues, developing spaces for groups to meet, providing forums on issues that are important to the
community, and providing collections that support learning about issues of public concern.
Priority 2: Pursuing Equity and Inclusion: Library Services for All in our Diverse Community
• Removing barriers for community members to access the library’s services, collections, and programs is essential to
providing equal access to all. The library wants to establish a public presence in areas throughout the community
where it may be more difficult to come to the library by utilizing technology, mobile services, pop-up programs,
delivery, or other tools. The library wants to ensure that the physical library locations are inclusive and accessible for
all by reviewing signage and digital wayfinding, by conducting a disability audit, and viewing the layout of service
desks through an inclusive lens. The library wants to review other potential barriers to use, such as fines, and use
data-driven decisions that lead to the best use of resources and maximize the impact on our community.
Priority 3: Inspiring Literacy, Learning, and Experiences
• Public libraries provide a lifetime of learning opportunities, offering diverse experiences and filling gaps in other
educational programs found in the community. The library wants to offer new opportunities around multiple literacies,
including reading, digital literacy, life skills, financial literacy, and cultural programming. New opportunities might
include creating curricula and serialized learning through ongoing classes around particular subjects or offering drop-
in training in practical skills utilizing on-site experts.
Variations in Total Circulation, PC & Wi-Fi,
and Database Usage from prior year
• Total Circulation difference : -
• Total PC & Wi-Fi difference: -
• Total Database Usage
Variations in Total Program Stats and Law
Library usage from prior year
• Total Program Stats
• Total Law Library
• The difference
total cost of
the amount of
a profit of
• Total revenue of all branches of KPL is $ 1,813,433.
• Total Circulation, PC & Wi-Fi, and Database usage all were negatively
• Total Program Stats and Law Library usage were all positively affected.
• Considering the negatively affected areas, the total value of the library
was negatively affect as well even though there were two positively
Library Value to the Community
• It is clear from all the activities, programs, and events that the
Kalamazoo Public Library has deep roots with members of its
• They continue to foster growth, innovation, and support for members of
its community and this adds value to the library.
• As the community continues to respond positively to the programs and
events that KPL hosts, KPL will continue to fund and support these
types of programs and events for the community.
Plans for Library Improvement
• Evaluate the reasons why we had significant decreases in the total
amount of circulation, PC & Wifi, and Database usage.
• Attempt to remedy issues to ensure proper library usage and growth.
• Continue to maintain growth in the positively affected areas.
• Continue to host popular programs and events for the public and
consider hosting new events.
• Maintain positive budget balance.
• The Value Calculator values the Kalamazoo Public Library at
30,932,269.00 when calculated using the yearly statistics.
• This value reflects the total number of library services that KPL has to
offer. Given the previous slides, it is clear why the value is so high.
• Therefore, while some of the value of the library has gone down, the
Kalamazoo Public Library is still a very valuable component to the
community, and its budget is still showing overall profit.
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.