O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Biome Project: Travel Brochure
Objective: Research a biome of your choice and create a travel brochure for that biome.
Task: Imagine that you work for a travel agency. You are a travel brochure designer. Your
task is to create a brochure for an exciting adventure to a biome of your choice. You will
use a note sheet to guide you with your research. Your brochure must be informative,
creative, easy to read, and colorful.
Your biome brochure needs to include:
A colorful picture of your biome on the cover(your
name of biome, colorful picture, and catchy title or phrase)
A map showing where the biome is located in the world.
Description of the landforms and water features in the biome.
Plants and animals that live in the biome.
Description of the climate or weather for the biome.
Things a traveler could do in the biome.
Any dangers or threats to the biome (endangered species, climate melting ice caps)
Any other interesting facts that you discover during your research.
*Use captivating sentences to sell your biome. (example: Want to take a break from
your daily job and life and escape to the beautiful outdoors of the Rainforest?
Few experiences can compare to watching the sloths in the trees! Check out the
amazing animals of the deciduous forest!)
Let’s Get Started !!!!
1) Choose a biome and get approved by me.
2) Go over directions and rubric with teacher and class.
3) Go over directions and rubric with parent or guardian(get signed and return to school).
4) Start research (use note sheet to guide your research and take notes.)
5) Use your note sheet to create a travel brochure (Mrs. Turner will teach and guide us
to create travel brochures using publisher on the computer)
6) Don’t forget to site your sources on a separate sheet of paper.
7) Use your rubric as a checklist to make sure your travel brochure is complete and
8) Be creative and have fun!!!
The biome I would like to research is:
parent signature student signature