O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Single Stream Team
Progress Report 1
Melissa Mullaney Theresa Silva Mike Trowbridge Devyn Blume
Purpose of Meeting
The Single Stream Team has been diligently working to complete the tasks
required to spread awareness about single stream recycling to a New Bedford
school and the community.
Despite a slow start and a few bumps in the road, we have many tasks
completed , but we also have more to go...
As of team of University of Massachusetts business
students, we are dedicated to not only informing but leaving
a lasting impression on New Bedford elementary students
on the new policies regarding single stream recycling. We
hope the impression we leave on the students will be
carried with them into their at home recycling habits and
throughout the community as well.
1. To educate the William Taylor Elementary School on single stream recycling policies and have the
whole school dedicated to this practice by the end of November.
2. To have a planned event on a set day that allows one class to educate the whole school and
- Start with fifth grade class
- Make them aware of not only what to recycle but also what not to recycle
3. Leave a lasting impression with the students by creating a physical pamphlet, poster ect. given out
at the event that they will take home with them and share throughout their community.
- Show what will happen if they decide to recycle or what will happen if you don't recycle
4. Provide only accurate information to the class we are working with and at the ARD event
Team Operating Principles
1. Treat all team members with respect
a. Keep an open mind and consider all ideas and suggestions
2. Practice effective communication skills by responding to all emails and group text messages as soon
as possible, as well as engaging in all in person meetings
3. Fulfill individual requirements as well as group goals and always end team meetings with a definitive
goal for next time
a. Come prepared to all meetings
4. Engage in the debate and don't be afraid to disagree
5. Hold one another accountable for delivering responsibilities
6. Promote cooperation and collaboration amongst members and consider all members' schedules when
deciding meeting times
7. Promote a positive team culture...no negative attitudes!
Letter Creating Event
● Kids will have 2 weeks to create a letter from the phrase “single stream
● These letters will be made out of recycled materials which they collected
● They will also be provided with thermometers to place in the recycling
bins to track their recycling progress and they are challenged to see who
can recycle the most
● Once completed, a photographer will take a picture of the winning class
holding up their letters
● This picture will be spread through the community by the Standard Times
newspaper and throughout the school via stickers
● William H. Taylor Elementary School
o Principal Matthew Riley
● Abrah Zion
● Standard Times
o Peter Meyer (The News Room)
● AlphaGraphics New Bedford (not confirmed yet)
After a fairly rough start, we believe we are on track and working efficiently to
complete the project effectively and on time
● Event has been decided
● School has been chosen/ principal is willing to work with us
● Contacting and confirming community members