Apache Kafka 0.8 basic training (120 slides) covering:
1. Introducing Kafka: history, Kafka at LinkedIn, Kafka adoption in the industry, why Kafka
2. Kafka core concepts: topics, partitions, replicas, producers, consumers, brokers
3. Operating Kafka: architecture, hardware specs, deploying, monitoring, P&S tuning
4. Developing Kafka apps: writing to Kafka, reading from Kafka, testing, serialization, compression, example apps
5. Playing with Kafka using Wirbelsturm
Audience: developers, operations, architects
Created by Michael G. Noll, Data Architect, Verisign, https://www.verisigninc.com/
Verisign is a global leader in domain names and internet security.
- Wirbelsturm (https://github.com/miguno/wirbelsturm)
- kafka-storm-starter (https://github.com/miguno/kafka-storm-starter)
Blog post at:
Many thanks to the LinkedIn Engineering team (the creators of Kafka) and the Apache Kafka open source community!