O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Social Media Overview - Linked In, Twitter and Facebook
Forms of electronic communication
through which users create online
communities to share
information, ideas, personal
messages, and other content.
11,784,460 Australian users/accounts
2,200,000 Australian Users (this is an estimate as
twitter doesn’t release its official figures)
2,400,000 Australian Users
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics and http://www.socialmedianews.com.au
Facebook Penetration in Australia
The population of Australia on 30 April 2013 was
Facebook has 11,489,380 users out of a total
country population of 23,007,086.
This means 49.9% of the total Australian
population is signed up to Facebook.
An incredible stat considering those under 13 are
not allowed to sign up, and many senior
Australian’s don’t use technology like younger
• Most popular site in Australia
• Effectively creating another
website that you can use to
• Allows followers to keep you
updated with business news
• Visual Social Media Platform
• Build business relationships in 140
• Great for tweeting about new
• Turns you into a resource for others
• Keep an eye on what your
competitors are doing
• Business Networking Site
• Assists your SEO
• Great for B2B Marketing
• Source for job opportunites
• Great B2B
• Others have the ability to endorse
you for your skills
Focus on what works; work out a
schedule and some goals and see
how they go.
If you're hitting those goals and have
the resources to spare, then start
looking at additional platforms.
1. Avatar and cover image are in accordance with your branding.
2. Follow the rule of cover images - only 20% text
3. Get a Facebook URL
4. Like local businesses so they may like you back
5. ALWAYS respond to a post/comment on your business page –
even if it is just liking what they said
1. Hash tags are important
2. Ensure your graphics are in accordance with your branding
3. Follow people – it’s about being social!
4. Retweet: If you see something you like retweet it. It shows you don’t
just go on and tweet but you actually read other’s tweets.
5. Have your Facebook linked to Twitter (Twitter is much more fast paced
so people tweet more then you would post on other SM platforms).
1. Have an up to date photo and professional photo (so many don’t!)
2. Ask for recommendations on LinkedIn
3. Join groups that relate to your industry and get involved.
4. Comment in groups – it highlights your level of expertise.
5. Make connections.
1. Have a Social Media strategy in place
2. Be quick to acknowledge and respond
3. See it from their point of view
4. See it as an opportunity to understand your consumer
5. Be honest and transparent
We love Social Media so if
you need help or advice
please don’t hesitate to