DID YOU KNOW
• The web you know – Facebook, Wikipedia,
makes up less than 1% of the entire World
• When you surf the Web, you really are just
floating at the surface. Dive below and there
are tens of trillions of pages -- that most
people have never seen.
• The deep Web may be 400 to 500 times bigger
that the surface Web
WHAT IS THE DEEP
•WTheE deBep W?e b (also known as the undernet, invisible
Web and hidden Web, among other monikers) consists
of data that you won't locate with a simple Google
• It is hundreds (or perhaps even thousands) of times
bigger that the surface Web.
• Users really do intentionally bury data. Often, these
parts of the Web are accessible only if you use special
browser software that helps to peel away the onion-like
layers of the dark Web.
You can find illegal goods and activities of all
kinds through the dark Web. That includes illicit
drugs, child pornography, stolen credit card
numbers, human trafficking, weapons, exotic
animals, copyrighted media and etc.
WHAT IS TOR?
• Also know as the The Onion Router
• People use Tor so that their web activity can’t be
• Tor is software that installs into your browser
and sets up the specific connections you need
to access dark Web sites.
• Instead of seeing domains
that end in .com or .org,
these hidden sites end in
The deep Web will continue to
perplex and fascinate
everyone who uses the
Internet. It contains an
enthralling amount of
knowledge that could help us
evolve technologically and as
a species when connected to
other bits of information.