2. What is collaborative commerce?
Collaborative Commerce consists in optimizing supply and distribution
channels in order to capitalize upon the global economy and use new
technology efficiently. Investopedia
3. What is Collaborative Commerce?
How is it different from E-commerce and E-business
E-commerce involves carrying out commerce on the web, which
includes buying and selling of products on the web.
E-business is about carrying out any business on the web and is
broader than e-commerce.
C-Commerce: using the internet cloud to synchronize operations with
customer’s suppliers and business
5. Airbnb is competing with low scale and mid scale hotels. They offer unique
experiences, offering unique places for overnight stays. Airbnb is all about:
6. Airbnb & Waterstone
sleeping in a
bookstore, for book
Airbnb & Ikea
Sleeping in a store
Airbnb & Galerie
Lafayette Sleeping in a
A very disruptive ideas, sleeping in stores…
7. Mobile App competing with Taxis as it enables the users to provide or ask for a taxi
service at a lower price than ordinary cabs. The app enables the users to do the
8. Onefinestay could be qualified as a high-end, full-service version of Airbnb as it
consists in exclusive classy homes. The company provides linens, insurance,
cleaning and interacts with guests. Onefinestay competes with boutique hotels
by offering exclusive new stay experiences.
9. • TRUST: By 2017, private travel accommodation estimated at $15.4bn (EU). Peer to peer
platforms are re-inventing traditional systems and behaviors through technology. Being
naturally asset light means that companies can respond to shifts within the travel industry
• AGILITY: 83% of businesses using the cloud are developing new applications. Middle class
and professional elite favor control & experience.
• AUTONOMY: 1.2 billion middle class consumers in 2030 emerging market majority. Guests
want to take away a story and leave behind a footprint. Loyalty programs should be shaped
around this idea.
• SHAREABILITY: Only 8% of travellers stay at the same brand of hotels. Travellers look to
experts and trusted peers for recommendations.
• Creating a genuine experience: People powering the economy using inherent old world
values of trust, with technology as a conduit, not a substitute, for sharing. Standards provide a
mark of assurance and quality but hosts provide hospitality & intelligent service.
• For further valuable insights click here.
Why is the Collaborative Economy