3. Looking for the eCommerce platform for online store development? The market
right now is at its toughest point, you can’t always rely on the traditional tactics to
grow your business.
There are around 24 million eCommerce websites in the world that sell their
products and services online. You might not know, but it is expected that around
2.14 million people are going to purchase goods and services online by 2021.
The global retail revenue in 2018 was $2.8 trillion, which is expected to rise up to
$4.8 billion in 2021. The online market is growing at a fast pace, you can
understand how important it is to have an online store.
Shopify is an eCommerce Online Store development platform founded in the year
Tobias Lutke, Daniel Weinand, and Scott Lake. It’s been 16 years since the Shopify
is in the business, from 2004 to till date 2020, it has been continuously updating
It has 800,000 merchants in 175 countries enjoying its beneﬁts. With the help of
Shopify eCommerce development, you can make a website, and use the platform’s
facilities to sell, ship, and manage products. It is most popular among the small as
well as large business models.
5. How does Shopify Work and Ease of Use
Shopify is a SaaS (Software as a Service) shopping cart solution, and a hosting
platform too. Hence it knows all the struggles a website may go through to reach
the ﬁnal stage. Keeping all these things in mind, Shopify provides everything, from
hosting to SSL certiﬁcate (for security purpose).
Ease of use should be at 95% when you are choosing an eCommerce platform.
Even if you are a beginner you will be able to locate the features on the screen and
use it effectively. Through the admin panel access, you will be able to store data,
products, and process orders.
6. Main Features:
1. Abandoned cart recovery.
2. Sell on advanced selling channels like Facebook, Amazon, and Pinterest.
3. Marketing and SEO.
4. Multiple payment gateways are available.
5. The Shopify app store has unlimited useful add-ons.
7. 1. Shopify has 100+ mobile-ready
storefront themes, each easy to
2. No coding required for creating
3. It has 24/7 customer support
via, phone, email, or live chat.
4. User-friendly admin area.
5. Connect your website to the
marketplaces of other social
1. Only three default product
2. Among 100+ themes, only 10
themes are free.
3. Charges transaction fee per sale.
Magento was ﬁrst available for use in March 2008 and was developed by Varien
Inc., which was later sold to eBay, Permira and it is in the hold of Adobe Inc. It’s
been 12 years since the Magento is in this ﬁeld and serving millions of businesses
Magento is an open-source eCommerce platform that had the latest update of
Magento 2 in 2015 and after that, it has kept modernizing itself and eliminating
cons hindering the growth of businesses. Among products sold through online
stores, $155 billion were from Magento-based stores in the year 2019.
9. How does Magento Work and Ease of Use
Magento is written in PHP and uses multiple frameworks like Laminas and
Symfony. If you don’t know the handful of information about coding, you will ﬁnd
Magento less user-friendly, but if that’s not the case, leverage the vast collection of
Magento is a perfect eCommerce platform for smaller as well as a larger
business. Start your business with 10 products and you can add up to 10,000
products in the future, that too without much hassle. In short, with Magento, you
can grow your online business without shifting other platforms.
10. Main Features
● Inventory and Coupons Management
● Responsive Layout for Mobiles and Tablets (Uses HTML5 for the same)
● Built-in Search Engine Optimization
● Email Marketing Reminder
● Site Management
11. Magento: Pros & Cons
1. Customize the way you want, no limits to
2. The highly scalable platform, which will
allow your online store to grow without any
3. It has a big community to support its
users, you will get a solution to anything.
4. It has 1500+ product extensions.
5. You can separate the customers based on
their purchase history, wishlist, and
1. There are no premade themes, you will
have to make one or go for the ones from
2. You will need to have knowledge about
coding to get a grip on the Magento
3. It is a free source, but you will need to get
the website hosting done from somewhere
12. Unlike its competitors, WooCommerce is an open-source WordPress Plugin.
WordPress is a blogging website platform, and WooCommerce is its plugin that
allows the business to have the beneﬁts of eCommerce stores along with the
WordPress theme developer WooTheme developed this plugin in the year 2011.
After its launch, 26% of websites among the online stores are being handled
through WooCommerce. WooCommerce has a 6.8% share among the top 1 million
websites and currently ranks at No.1 among eCommerce platforms in the market
13. How does WooCommerce Work and Ease of Use
As said, it is a WordPress plugin and works best for its websites. Install and
Activate the WooCommerce plugin, then add products, shopping cart, and check
out option – you are good to go! If you know how to use WP, you will get the grip of
this platform in no time.
As long as ease of use is concerned, it might take you some time in learning how
to operate the WooCommerce plugin. However, a tip for you: Navigating things are
easy as the changes and operations are to be done from the dashboard only.
14. Main Features
1. Built-in blogging feature.
2. Multiple and pre-installed payment
3. Automatic tax conﬁguration.
4. Control on the checkout process.
5. Offers free or ﬂat rate shipping options.
● Customization without limits. You can create a
personalized store with its own identity.
● Dozens of WooThemes, specially created for
● SEO-friendly website, which will allow you to
edit your store’s metadata.
● Pre-installed review and rating features for
stores and their products.
● Organized and ﬁltered reports according to
● Lack of customer support.
● Creating a website on WordPress is free, but
you will have to pay for hosting.
● It is easy to use for WordPress websites but if
you don’t have then setting it up from scratch
is a bit complex.
Pros & Cons
BigCommerce is known to be one of the easiest shopping cart platforms to build a
website. It was founded by two Australians Eddie Machaalani and Mitchell Harper
in the year 2009. Since then it is growing like anything, it has more than 100,000
online stores in 65 countries.
BigCommerce is a SaaS eCommerce platform providing all the required tools and
features to create an eCommerce store. It lets you set up your online store, add
products, shopping carts, and check out methods. However, this doesn’t end here,
it also allows you to market your brand with its SEO feature.
16. How does BigCommerce Work and Ease of Use
As BigCommerce is a SaaS platform, it is free for use after paying its monthly
fees. Setting up an online store using this platform is so easy, even a non-technical
person can do it. Its dashboard is user-friendly and things are easy to navigate.
The ease of use is at 99% in the case of BigCommerce development, whether you
own a start-up or well-groomed business, creating an online store is reliable for
both. You will never outgrow or doubt BigCommerce’s features.
17. Main Features
1. Mobile-friendly themes
2. Advanced SEO features
3. More than 40 Pre-integrated payment
4. Various design options (themes,
point-and-click tools, customizable
5. Product reviews
● BigCommerce has built-in marketing features,
which will help your business to grow.
● It has a zero transaction fee feature.
● You can sell on any platform, Facebook,
Amazon, eBay, etc.
● It has amazing scalability, will never let you
feel regret, even if your store grows from 10
products to 100,000 products.
● Allows you to add unlimited product variants.
● Plans upgrade automatically based on your
yearly sales threshold.
● Some of the themes are pretty expensive.
● You can’t change the URL of blog posts.
Pros & Cons
OpenCart’s initial presence as an eCommerce platform was in 2009 by Daniel Kerr.
Before that, it was developed in 1999 by Christopher G. Mann for developing the
online stores. After its release in 2009, it has gained a grip on helping businesses
to grow online. In 2015, it had a contribution of around 6.42% of global
OpenCart is an open-source platform that supports different languages and
currencies. As it is an open-source eCommerce platform you don’t have to pay
monthly fees to use it. It is highly customizable. It has 334,689 live eCommerce
websites in the world.
19. How does OpenCart Work and Ease of Use
beneﬁts that beneﬁt the start-up online stores and advanced features which helps
large scale business. It can be somewhere near pocket-friendly to pretty expensive
as you start growing your website.
Despite being a free platform, if you need customer support you will have to pay
for the services. The platform is better for the beginners, the UI is great and easily
navigable. There are a few things that you need to be careful of, like third-party
20. Main Features
1. You can add unlimited products and
2. Supports multiple currencies.
3. It has more than 20 payment gateways.
4. Multiple themes are available.
5. Product reviews and ratings.
● It is a free and easy to use platform.
● There are around 13000+ extensions available.
● The administration panel’s User Interface is
easy to understand and shows valuable stats.
● You can add multiple products without
● Customize the website as you want.
● It gets complicated to customize the website.
You will need a website developer.
● Not so SEO-Friendly. You will need to install
add-ons for the same.
● It is relatively slow when it comes to the
Pros & Cons
21. All these eCommerce platforms have their own beneﬁts, when some are great for
small businesses and beginners, others work well for large scale businesses. Few
of them are pocket friendly while some will need a huge budget on hand. Some
will require developers, while on some platforms you can do the work yourself.
It is your sole decision on what platform you should go for, according to your
business. If you still feel confused, go for the best eCommerce store developing
companies. They will not only help you in identifying the best eCommerce platform
but will help you in creating one as well.