O slideshow foi denunciado.
• History until the present day
• Czech television
• TV Barrandov
• Private channels
• Šlágr TV
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE CZECH TV
• Established on January 1st, 1992
• Statutory body: managing director
appointed by the Czech Television
Board for a 6 year period
• Control authority: Czech Television
• Czech Television Board (15 members)
is elected by the House of Parliament
of CR for a 6 years period with a two
year alteration of one third of its
• Organisational parts of CTV are in
Prague, TS Brno and Ostrava
full format ČT1 and ČT2, news channel ČT24,
sport channel ČT sport, child channel ČT :D
and cultural channel ČT art
six television channels ČT1, ČT2, ČT24, ČT
sport, ČT :D and ČT art
24 hours a day, land, satellite, internet,
mobile platforms and regional broadcast
sound: stereophonic, bilingual and Dolby
additional services: Teletext ČT, Teletext
Expres, EPG, hidden subtitles,
• Independent entity independent from the
• from television fees and business
activities defined by the law
• television fee – the main source of
• business activity (advertisement,
sponsoring etc.) – additional source of
• before the WW2. Before any concrete
results could have been generated the
war events stopped any activity. The
research has been renewed after the
• The fist experimental TV broadcasting
in Czechoslovakia took place on
March 23rd, 1948 in Tanvald where a
group of scientists of Military technical
institute executed an exhibition for the
public. Another experimental TV
broadcast took place in 1948 as part of
an international radio exhibition
MEVRO in Prague.
• The experimental TV broadcasting
from Prague Studio in Měšťanská
Beseda (in Vladislavova street)
launched on May 1st, 1953 and
February 25th, 1954 was declared
regular. The Prague observation tower
on Petrin was adapted as the first
television transmission tower in 1953.
At first the television was broadcasting
only three days a week (only two days
in the summer). In November 1953
was the number of broadcasting days
increased to four, in 1955 to six days a
week and since December 29th, 1953
the television was broadcasting its
programs every day of the week.
STUDIO AND COLORFUL BROACAST
• On May 10th, 1970 was the
broadcasting of the Czechoslovak
television fortified by its second
channel. On May 9th, 1973 it launched
regular colorful broadcasting. Regular
colorful broadcasting on the first
channel was launched on May 9th,
1975. In January 1979 a new
television news object was put into
operation on Kavčí hory.
• Studio Ostrava
• December 31st , 1955
• Studio Bratislava
• November 3rd, 1956
• Studio Košice
• February 25th, 1962 in Košice.
• Studio Brno
July 6th, 1961 in Brno
• An important factor that influenced the quality of production was the fact that the editors,
announcers and other program workers were organizationally part of the radio. Many of
the program creators were very amateur when it came to television. In the beginnings the
whole 157 broadcasting days were provided by only eleven people.
• The Czech TV regularly (at least once in 4 months) publishes an analysis of its program
balance including the space dedicated to political parties and movements. The analysis is
done by a renowned specialized institute independent from the Czech television.
• The aim of the Czech TV is to offer the public newscast and journalism of the highest
possible quality. This result cannot be reached without a feedback. We believe that you
would appreciate our effort to share the results of the regular InnoVatia analysis. They are
another contribution of Czech TV to making the discussion about the quality of the public
services media more transparent. We hope that such an open possibility of controlling the
complying with the code of the Czech TV will significantly contribute to the objective
reflection of the public service media.
LAWS AND RULES – LANGUAGE
• Code (see PDF)
• 9.1 The Czech TV is obliged to respect the cultivation of the language use. The language use of the announcers, TV
hosts and presenters in the broadcast should be the paradigm of the correct language use thanks to the fact that the
audience may take the language use as the standard.
• 9.2 The Czech TV has the responsibility to always chose and carefully use language according to the topic and
genre. The announcers, TV hosts and presenters of the news and journalistic programs are obliged to use only the
literary language. The only exception is if they were quoting or interpreting a statement or behavior of another
person or if the use of non-standard language would be irreplaceable with regard to the situation (e.g. to keep the
authenticity of a conversation or the use of reporting license according to the 16.17 amendment etc.).
• 9.3 The word formulation used by the broadcasting announcers, TV hosts or presenters should avoid phrases, cliché
or any other forms of tabulating of language content. When reporting information the popular phrases of the present
period cannot be preferred at the expense of accuracy and factuality of the information content. The Czech TV
keeps in mind not to use stereotypical repetition of phrases in its programs when the alternation keeps the accuracy
of the word.
• 9.4 The Czech TV systematically cooperates with language experts and when in doubt about the correct use of a
word it is obliged to request their statement, if possible, before the recording. The Czech TV has a regularly, at least
once in a six months, processed analysis of the language quality of the broadcast that is published. It is done by a
renowned language institute independent from the Czech TV. Correction of language mistakes is conducted
according to the 1.13. clause.
• 2.1 The Czech TV approaches the children audience mainly with the aim to help them to
discover and accept as their own the values of politeness, education, diligence and
respect to the environment. It adjusts the composition and character of the programs
intended for the children audience according to this objective. The Czech TV is aware of
the fact that if the program does not captivate the children it is not able to meet the
• 2.2 The Czech TV offers the children audience mainly the tradition of a Czech and world
fairy tale, films for the children and youth, competitions, educational and pedagogical
programs. It also contributes to the cultural orientation and popularization of sport among
the children and youth. One of the important obligations on this field is considered
creating conditions for the development of the native production for the children and
youth. This obligation is intensified by the awareness that the Czech TV is the main and
the only permanent native producer of TV production for the children and youth.
• 5.1 The main objective of the Czech TV is to provide information via newscasts and current
journalistic programs. It provides the audience with information that is important for their
general knowledge and free formation of opinion. Regional broadcast has a fixed position in the
• 5.2 In case of emergency the Czech TV is prepared to interrupt planned program with special
• 5.3 Topically journalistic programs of Czech TV offer mostly critical reflection of reality, they
have to deeply examine things, search for the real causes of phenomena and describe the
extend of impact. Documentary programs also give the space to the participants of events to
state their arguments that explain their point of view. When observing the development of
democratic society it is necessary to broadcast investigative documentary programs that are
about serious law breaking, corruption and protection of the rights and interests of the citizens,
Documentary programs are also dedicated to the environmental problems, ethnic minorities,
disabled people or other groups such as seniors, people in difficult social situation or
consumers. The spectrum of the mentioned programs corresponds to the current needs of the
society obtained by inquiring via representative sociodemographic research.
THE CREATORS AND RESPECT
• 4.1 The Czech TV considers the creators of the programs (the employees of CTV or external employees) to
be the crucial requirement for a successful execution of public service. It is aware of its responsibilities
concerning the original production and production of its own programs. That is why it creates creative
environment and conditions for free competition of ideas and their implementation. This must be given by
clear and just rules about the cooperation with the CTV given in advance.
• 4.2 CTV will act on behalf of protection of the freedom of speech of its creators regardless the fact if it still
cooperates with them. Illegal denial of freedom of speech of one individual can lead to denial of the same
right to others. CTV will, adequately to its possibilities, act in a solidary way if a creator is put in danger
while fulfilling their professional obligations without their own fault. CTV will put an effort into ensuring
safety , legal aid and material aid for certain time in case of need.
• 4.3 Retention of conscience – CTV will respect the right of the creator to integrity of their conscience. If an
employee informs their superior or an external employee informs the person representing CTV in advance
that their conscience does not allow them to work on certain topic, such a creator will be dismissed from
working on the topic without any financial sanctions. The creator also cannot be additionally forced to act
during a show in a way that is opposed to their conscience or that would change the intention and meaning
of their creation. If the creator gets into a conflict with their superior creating a conflict of conscience, the
CTV has an obligation to negotiate with the creator about the resolving the problems in a similar way
mentioned in the 4.6 article.
• It obtained broadcasting license in
1993, first broadcast took place on
February 4th, 1994 in Prague. Its
founder and the first general director
was Vladimír Železný.
• At that time it was the first private TV
station. For years it has been the most
watched Czech TV station. It`s
operator is CET 21 which is part of the
international company CME.
TV NOVA PROGRAMS
• 2014: Celebration of 20th birthday
• On February 4th, 2014 TV Nova celebrated its 20th birthday. The viewers could have visited the
areas of TV Nova during its open door days. Nova launched a free video library Nova Plus at its
birthday. It offers its programs even seven days after their airing date on TV.
• On Sunday, March 23 Nova TV first introduced its new studio, graphics, jingles and Newscast
logo to the viewers. Part of the studio is equipped with curved projecting wall measuring 20
square meters with ultra HD definition, movable table for the announcers that can be moved
around vertical axis up to 270° or a huge projecting LED surface. The announcers can control
the graphics by movements and gestures via Kinect console placed above the camera.
• On March 5th, 2013 it launched the second season of singing competition Voice of
TV NOVA NEWSCAST
PRIME TIME SCHEME
• 1992 – 1997 / Prima as a Premiere
• FTV Prima was given a broadcasting
license for the Prague region and the
middle part of the Czech Republic on
November 26th 1992. It was the first
license ever to operate a commercial
broadcast in the Czech Republic. The
broadcast started on June 20th, 1993.
A year later the license was extended
to the whole region of the Czech
• 1997 – 2000 / Prima is Prima
• In the beginning of 1997 the name of the
television is changed to Prima television.
A year later the television moved to its
current and well-known headquarters at
Palmovka (Na Žertvách 24/132). You
surely remember programs like Prima
jízda, Nikdo není dokonalý, Carusošou,
Svět 2000 from this period.
The ratings increased from 15% to 20%
and the positive trend was continuing.
The main television target group was
found – family. Own production of
programs and flexibility are emphasized.
• 2003 / Prima with all ten
• Obtains extension of their
broadcasting license until 2018
2004 / Series Prima
• Prima television influences by its
coverage already 96% of Czech
citizens. At the same time it appeals
to the viewers with its new original
Czech series „Rodinná pouta“. It is a
totally new concept which soon
becomes very successful.
• 2006 / Reality show Prima
• Many reality shows are created
externally, such as Chůva v akci, Bar,
Trosečník, VyVolení 2. One of the
famous and successful ones is a new
format about losing weight Jste to, co
jíte. Successful foreign series are
represented by Grey's Anatomy or
• 2009 / Prima fun is COOL too
• The TV management`s aim is to bring the audience a vast amount of fun and lifestyle shows.. Nic než
pravda, Nahá jsi krásná, Souboj v těžké váze, Ano, šéfe!, Nepodceňuj blondýnky, Jak se staví dům…these
shows and many others entertain the audience the whole spring.
• Prima COOL, a long awaited channel, launched in April.
• 2011 / Prima LOVE
• On March 8th FTV Prima launches its next rocket - Prima love. Its crew consists of the most favorite series
and movies heroes and characters. They are looking forward to sharing their missions with the audience.
• 2012/ Prima family is here for your family too
• TV Prima finished its broadcast at the end of 2011. Since January 1st, 2012 new television, Prima family is
here for you. It brings the audience many program novelties and new successful series popular with the
audience for many seasons.
• TV Barrandov is a Czech digital
television that launched on January
11th, 2009 at 11:01 AM. It was owned
by a group of investors with the
majority of shares owned by Moravia
Steel. In September 2012 the
television was bought by Empresa
Media with Jaromír Soukup in the lead.
TV Barrandov wants to be the
alternative to the other commercial
televisions and is targeted at the age
group of 30 year old audience. The
license owner is Barrandov Televizní
Studio a. s.
• Program composition consists of
entertaining programs like To byl náš hit,
Vtip za 100, Politická střelnice, soap
operas: Velkolepé století, Sturm der
Liebe, Lena - láska mého života, Čas
tulipánů; competition programs:
Barrandovský videostop, Pekelná
kuchyně nebo Drtivá porážka;
magazines: Co bude dnes k večeři?,
Prominenti, Hvězdy na cestách, Máme
dítě, or the controversial interactive
oracle. One of the successful programs
is Animáček, an evening block for
children. Thanks to this program is TV
Barrandov the most watched TV in the
Czech Republic in the target group of 4-9
year olds. New management cancels
Animáček in January 2013.
TOP 10 SHOWS
• TOP 10 most watched shows of TV Barrandov since the beginning of people meter measuring
(June 1st, 2009 - June 1st, 2012)
• 1. Největší hity Karla Svobody - 8,2% rat, 18,8% shr, 720 000 viewers
• 2. Pravdivý příběh Ivety B - 6,8% rat, 15,5% shr, 601 000 viewers
• 3. Pohádka svatojánské noci – 5,9 % rat, 11,8 % shr, 526 000 viewers
• 4. Barrandovský videostop – 5,8 % rat, 14,9 % shr, 510 000 viewers
• 5. Poklad na stříbrném jezeře – 5,5 % rat, 16,3 % shr, 489 000 viewers
• 6. Čarovné dědictví – 5,4 % rat, 11 % shr, 480 000 viewers
• 7. Vánoční polibek – 5,4 % rat, 11,8 % shr, 475 000 viewers
• 8. Duše jako kaviár – 5,4% rat, 10,3% share, 473 000 viewers
• 9. Vtip za 100 – 5,3% rat, 11,6% shr, 463 000 viewers
• 10. Žena za pultem – 5,2 % rat, 12,2 % shr, 455 000 viewers
CZECH TV STRUCTURE
CHART OF TV INCOME TREND
THE AMOUNT OF TIME SPENT WITH TV
CHART OF LEISURE TIME ACTIVITIES