1. T he doorbell rung just as S ophie and her mummy are sitting down to tea. W ho could it possibly be ? W hat they certainly don’t expect to see at the door is a big furry, stripy tiger!
3. O nce there was a little girl called S ophie, and she was having tea with her mummy in the kitchen. S uddenly there was a ring on the door.
4. S ophie’s mummy said, “ I wonder who that can be. I t can’t be the milkman because he came this morning.”
5. “ A nd it can’t be the boy from the grocer’s because this isn’t the day he comes. A nd it can’t be daddy because he’s got his key. W e’d better open the door and see.”
7. S o the tiger came into the kitchen and sat down at the table.
8. S ophie’s mummy said, “ W ould you like a sandwich ? ” B ut the tiger didn’t take just one sandwich. H e took all the sandwiches on the plate and swallowed them in one big mouthful. O wp! A nd he still looked hungry, so S ophie offered him the buns
10. T hen he looked around the kitchen to see what else he could find.
11. H e ate all the supper that was cooking in the … and all the food in saucepans… the fridge,
15. S ophie’s mum said, “ I don’t know what to do. I ’ve got nothing for daddy’s supper, the tiger has eaten it all.”
16. S ophie found that she couldn’t have her bath because the tiger had drunk all the water in the tap.