O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
What is just happening?
● Their is a mind set,
● Which causes the testing cuts,
Why testing gets Cuts,
● Question: if the business owner has envisioned the system’s
behaviors at the start, what is the need to spent time in testing the
actual behavior works?
Answer : Tests are often not seen as shared capital; they are not
thought of as having value to the project, because “they’re just for
the engineers”, or similarly, providing value to a single one
department or group of people.
How do we make tests this shared capital?
The simple answer is BDD.
What is BDD
● Short definition:-
BDD is about implementing the software by describing its behavior
from the perspective of its stakeholders, and customers.
- Dan North
● More complete:-
A second generation, outside-in, pull based multiple stakeholder, multi
scale, high automation agile methodology.
It describe the cycle of interaction with well defined outputs resulting
in delivery of working tested software that matters.
- Dan North
● Requirement comes in the form of user stories
Pull based is better than push based
● Push based approach: deliver things with
– You have to develop this by last week.
● Pull based approach:
– The stories are prioritized by bussiness value.
– The team commits to stories on the priority basis.
– A deep backlog is available.
– Pulling requires outside in communication.
The Pull Cycle
● Stakeholders add business values prioritized
story in the backlog.
● Developer pulls the highest priority story, to work
on that in a sprint.
● Developers/QA demonstrate completed stories
as Runnable Tested Feature (RTF).
● Business owner pull that RTF's and release as
an update of the software.
● Living documentation is a dynamic method of system
documentation that provides information that is current,
accurate and easy to understand.
● Feature files that are written in a natural language format
may serve as the core of living documentation.
● Each file describes how a particular piece of code is
supposed to behave, gives an example and describes the
● The process of testing ensures that the associated
documentation is always up to date.
What BDD is not..
● It's just an unit testing with another framework.
● Using Given, When and Then.
● The responsibility of a tester.
● An alternative to Manual Testing.