O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
ArtSpark ArtsLP Rio Rancho Arts Commission 2.13.14
(Arts Listening Project)
ArtsLP Community Dialogues
Presentation to Rio Rancho Arts Commission
February 13, 2014
• ArtSpark launched the ArtsLP (Arts Listening Project) in 2013 to
discover how the careers and longevity of
artists, artisans, designers, and other creativesare best supported in
• With that goal in mind, ArtSpark facilitates “arts ecosystem”
dialogues across a wide spectrum of diverse community
stakeholders in select U.S. communities.
• In thinking about sustainability and the arts and “thriving arts
ecosystems,” the ArtsLP includes some basic practices and
principles: no waste, recycling resources, permeable institutional
and special interest boundaries, working together toward the
common good, and self-sustaining mechanisms that are interwoven
into the community fabric.
• ArtsLPdialogues have been held in ABQ (July 2013), and in Silver City
(November, 2013). ArtSpark hopes to include at least two
additional communities in 2014 (Rio Rancho?)
• ArtSpark collaborates with community partner to coordinate an
ArtsLP community dialogue (e.g., arts commission, local arts and
culture organization, local government).
• Invitations to participate: all 14 stakeholder groups.
• 9am – 3pm ArtsLP community dialogue.
• Dialogue includes a series of questions about the existing arts
ecosystem, voting on priorities, brainstorming actions AND actual
work time to get some things DONE.
• Support from ArtSpark after the ArtsLP community dialogue,
including the possibility of: follow up consultations, web-based
sessions, email conversations, conference calls, etc.
• ArtSpark will be connecting all the ArtsLP communities in
2014/2015 to allow for cross-community sharing, brainstorming,
problem solving, and peer support and learning.
• Ongoing evaluation of the ArtsLP re: impacts and outcomes
(changes in practice, changes in community partnerships, changes
in connections across communities, changes in resources, etc.)
THIS PRESENTATION CAN BE FOUND AT: