2. Asking for directions
• How can I get to…?
• Where is the…?
• How far is the … from the…?
• Is there a … around here?
• Use polite expressions like «excuse
me» or «Can you tell me…?» to ask for
4. Giving directions
• Go to the corner of… and…
• Turn left
• Turn right
• Pass the…
• Go straight ahead on… Street/ avenue
until you get to
• It’s between the … and the…
• It’s across from / in front of…
• Excuse me. How can I get to the
Go straight ahead on King’s Avenue and
turn left when you get to River Street.
Pass the gym and the Post Office. The
Hospital is between the School and the
Church, across from the Hotel.