O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
Citrix should have nothing as it is all back end and heavy as it is Clients/servers should have both
To Home, To Work, To Home, To Collabsphere!
@LotusEvangelist 1 email@example.com
To Home, To Work,
To Home, To CollabSphere!
CEO - B2B Whisperer
@LotusEvangelist 2 firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to the Sponsors, They Don’t ALL Bite
@LotusEvangelist 3 email@example.com
• CEO – B2B Whisperer
• Pinball Enthusiast
• My addiction to Lotus started in 1993
• Windows Admin since NT was in Beta
• Hates using MS apps, still better than Google’s though
• Wrote IBM Redbooks, Certification Exams and this book
• Writing a tip a day, 366 days of 2020 using
#HCLAmbasadorTips on Twitter, FaceBook and LinkedIn
Admin: Keith Brooks
@LotusEvangelist 4 firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, We Have Questions
What would make a difference to your daily routine?
How can you get your work done better?
What if you could be doing more with what you have in
How Do You Get More Out of What You Own?
@LotusEvangelist 5 email@example.com
Special Theory of Collaboration Hierarchy
Workflows HCL Verse/Traveler
@LotusEvangelist 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes & Domino
Where would most of us be without it?
From the 1st day of working from home, we are connected…
So is everyone else, so what’s so special?
I asked myself the same question
The answer is not so simple
If O365 is your answer, come to my session tomorrow
“Shoot me NOW! The Life and Death of an O365
Admin and User”
Thursday at 9am CDT for even more differences
@LotusEvangelist 7 email@example.com
Outside Looking to Come In, and Get out
• Put HCL Domino Passthru Servers in place if you don’t
have a proper VPN
• HCL SafeLinx (Mobile Connect) if you want a VPN just
for your HCL infrastructure
• SSL, by now you should have it, but if not, get it
@LotusEvangelist 8 firstname.lastname@example.org
• On Disk Structure, latest is ODS 53 with R10,
servers and clients
• Notes clients should be upgraded to the latest
version of your release to reduce issues,
increase security and benefits
• Whatever “other” clients you use, upgrade
them always to get new features and security
@LotusEvangelist 9 email@example.com
Play Nice With Others
• Check your replication settings, you don’t need
to hammer the server every 2 minutes, 15 is
• You may also want to turn off the High Priority
@LotusEvangelist 11 firstname.lastname@example.org
Client Side Notes Benefits
• Remove any extra Notes ports, from clients
and servers so there is no time/processing
wasted on them
• Tweak your replication settings to get what
you need, by date, size, etc..
• Set Domino Directory Server equal to Home
Server in your location document
@LotusEvangelist 12 email@example.com
A Little RnR Helps
1. Did you create a Resource just for Fun?
2. A place anyone can visit or use with
others, or The Boss?
3. You did at least set up a time to talk to
your team regularly, right?
4. Also, No one wants a live
feed on them all day long.
@LotusEvangelist 13 firstname.lastname@example.org
SHUT UP! Can’t You See I am Working Here!
• Temporarily, but if you leave it off….
– Notes - Preferences-Mail-Notifications
– Sametime – Turn off pop ups (Preferences-Notifications)
– Verse/Traveler – Turn off sound for mail notifications
– Phone – DayWise https://getdaywise.com/
@LotusEvangelist 14 email@example.com
• Configure your clients to leave you alone
• Make your Notes client more efficient
• Secure your environment
• A little RnR fun for everyone
• Upgrade and Secure everything you can
• Silence is golden, but don’t forget to turn the
devices/apps back on and check in twice a day